Chapter 543 - Ye Xinglan's Conviction

The torrent of Swan Feathers engulfed the shining sword, leaving it a shining beacon in a sea of darkness. The sword weathered wave after wave of feathers, its immaculate blade growing dimmer as it resisted the attacks. 

Now empowered by Mo Jue’s set of one-word battle armor, the feathers sliced through the air with deadly might, their auras of darkness thick and inky. The entire stage was dancing along to Mo Jue’s tune now, and she regarded Ye Xinglan from up above as if she were looking at an ant. She knew all of Ye Xinglan’s struggles were futile and were only delaying the inevitable.

But as Mo Jue basked in her power, the floating Stargod Sword began to hum. The sword slashed down and blew away the feathers around it, opening up a path to Mo Jue for it to jet through. Before the trailblazing sword, all the feathers obstructing its path disintegrated and a shockwave of imposing might followed swiftly behind it. 

Mo Jue’s brows jumped in astonishment, a short yelp escaping her lips. Despite the gap in strength opened up by her equipping her battle armor, the Stargod Sword still attacked relentlessly. The baleful aura the sword emitted as starlight swirled around her sword-form would not forgive any restraint on Mo Jue’s part. Even as the sword endured the tempest, it quickly advanced on Mo Jue. With a beat of her wings, she retreated and opened up a cautious distance between them. 

While maintaining a safe distance between them, Mo Jue unleashed wave after wave of Swan Feathers at the sword. The gap in strength between them made her insurmountable! 

In the stands, the audience watched with peeled eyes, all refusing to miss a single moment of the battle. They could never forgive themselves for not witnessing the entirety of the power of a one-word battle armor master! 

The Stargod’s Sword glow rapidly faded under the onslaught of feathers, its advance slowing to a crawl. But it pressed on. No matter how much it wavered or how clear defeat was, it pressed on. The battle was already decided. 

A hint of a smile spread across Mo Jue’s face. Although this wasn’t a clean victory, it was still a victory she could delight in. 

Just as Mo Jue was reveling in her victory, stray specks of starlight enlarged and shot toward her. They swerved through the small openings in the storm of feathers and advanced upon her, arriving a meter away from her before she even noticed. Then the starlight coalesced into Ye Xinglan’s form just as the light of the Stargod’s Sword was extinguished by the tempest of feathers behind her. But she held another Stargod Sword in her hand and leaned forward to slash Mo Jue from shoulder to waist. 

Mo Jue’s battle armor burst with light as it fought to counter Ye Xinglan’s blow. The sword slash stopped at Mo Jue’s shoulder, but empowered by three pieces of spirit alloy battle armor, the torrent of sword intent enveloping the sword was able to penetrate Mo Jue’s armor and into her body. A cry of pain escaped Mo Jue’s lips as the energy rampaged within her. 

Ye Xinglan pressed her attack and didn’t give Mo Jue a moment to react. In a flicker of movement, she moved to Mo Jue’s rear and struck with her shining Stargod Sword and unleashed Stargod Weave at point-blank range! 

As the sword blades blossomed into Mo Jue’s back, her battle armor shined resplendently as they fought to neutralize the attack. But her armor couldn’t mitigate all of the attacks and crimson lines appeared all over the exposed parts of her back, eliciting a shrill shriek. Even after slicing her flesh, the energy of the Stargod Weave continued and penetrated into her core, wreaking havoc on her internal organs and meridians.