Chapter 551 - The Terrifying Tyrant Dragon

“Whoa!” Tang Wulin cried out. The ground was rapidly approaching. With no other choice, he braced himself for impact. The moment his feet hit the ground, he bent over and rolled forward. Fortunately, his powerful legs allowed him to withstand most of the landing. Although rolling mitigated the rest, Gu Yue was on his back. This made her his main concern, and he twisted to make sure he protected her as well.

The two of them rolled across the grass, tumbling end over end until they were splayed flat on their backs side by side. Tang Wulin looked over at Gu Yue helplessly, but in spite of this little incident, Gu Yue was smiling at him. 

Tang Wulin groaned and stared up at the sky. “Seriously, what is up with you today? You’re acting super weird.”

Gu Yue smiled grew wider. “For a couple days every month, girls have to deal with a bit of trouble. Get it now, mister?” 

“A bit of trouble every month?” Tang Wulin turned back to Gu Yue, a blank look on his face. 

“Yeah. It’s that time of the month,” Gu Yue said, hints of crimson warming her cheeks. 

“What time of the month?” Tang Wulin asked. 

Gu Yue turned sour at that, and she muttered, “You don’t need to know.” 

Tang Wulin looked at her in confusion. “You’re not picking up on any cues today. Our teamwork feels horrible. Do you think we can keep going? If not, we might as well just call it quits.” 

Gu Yue rolled her eyes. “Fine. I’m done with you.” 

Tang Wulin opened his mouth to retort, but as soon as he did, the forest suddenly grew dark. Both of them turned their attention skyward to see a gigantic head. It was looking down upon them with eyes as large as water jugs. 

Tang Wulin immediately shot to his feet and grabbed Gu Yue. What the hell is that? 

Thanks to the Diamond Boars’ devastation of the surrounding trees, they had a clear view of this colossus. It stood over sixty meters tall and had a bulky body, as if it were a small mountain. It was covered ashen scales of irregular shapes. Its enormous head accounted for nearly a quarter of its size, and its large eyes seemed to peer down at them as if they were ants. Its tail was thick and weighty, and its mouth was large enough to swallow even the biggest of the Diamond Boars whole. 

Tang Wulin couldn’t believe their luck. Shit! I should’ve known that a herd of Diamond Boars wouldn’t act so wildly unless they were running away from something! This thing has got to be one of the strongest beasts in the forest! 

The beast opened its mouth and let out a roar that resounded through the forest and seemed to shake the heavens and earth. The resulting wave of sound slammed into Tang Wulin and Gu Yue, sending them flying backward and crashing to the ground. 

Damn, it’s strong! Tang Wulin stood back up and looked at the colossal beast. He couldn’t tell what year-level it was at, and he certainly didn’t remember what it was. 

A moment later, the scene before him changed. Gu Yue had teleported them behind the cover of a tree.

“It’s a Tyrant Dragon,” Gu Yue whispered into Tang Wulin’s ear. “A king of land dragons.”