Chapter 435 - Ambitions

After a moment of silence, Ye Xinglan opened her mouth. "I want to stay at Shrek. I want to stay there forever and never leave. I may have been demoted to the outer court, but I'm certain I will return to the inner court one day. Once that happens, I'll work hard to become a battle armor master and one of the Academy's guardians."

Tang Wulin looked at her in astonishment. "Really? You don't want to go out and explore the world?"

"I can still do that. Shrek Academy is just a place. However, from the moment my martial soul awakened as the Stargod Sword, elders of my clan told me that I'm the clan's hope and future. They told me to grow strong and revitalize the clan. I'm not interested in any of that. I like the sword, but I dislike clan politics. I only realized what I really wanted when I went to Shrek. I like everything about Shrek; the peace, the tranquility, the overall atmosphere. As long as I remain a part of Shrek, my clan can't force me to do anything. I want to stay there forever."

Xie Xie couldn't help but say, "So you basically want to live the life of a quiet young lady?"

Ye Xinglan groaned. "You understand."

Tang Wulin smiled and turned to Xu Xiaoyan. "What about you, Xiaoyan? What do you want to do?"

"Eh? Me? I don't really know! I just want to find a nice guy to marry when I grow up. Then I'll become a housewife. I get what Xinglan's thinking. I don't want to be involved with my clan's politics either. I just want to keep living as an idle princess. It would have been great if my martial soul weren't the starlight variant."

"No ambition, huh!" Xie Xie snorted. "I'm aiming way higher than you are. I want to become one of this generation's Shrek Seven Monsters. A new generation is only selected to replace the old one every fifty years, and I heard that the next generation of the Shrek Seven Monsters will be chosen in four! Any student of Shrek Academy twenty-five or younger can compete for a spot. I'll definitely make it in."

"The Shrek Seven Monsters?" Tang Wulin said in awe. A reverent atmosphere filled the car at the mere mention of the title.

"I want to become one too." Ye Xinglan eyes shone.

There was a lot of weight to the name of the Shrek Seven Monsters. Each generation served as a cornerstone of Shrek Academy, and perhaps even for the entire soul master world.

Tang San, the legendary founder of the Tang Sect, had led the first generation of the Shrek Seven Monsters. That generation revolutionized the power structure of the entire continent. The next, most well-known generation was that of the Spirit Ice Douluo, Huo Yuhao. They had shocked the entire continent with their feats of valor, and then the Spirit Ice Douluo founded the Spirit Pagoda.

The title of Shrek Seven Monster was one of the greatest honors on the Douluo Continent. Only students of Shrek Academy were eligible to take up the mantle, and even then, the opportunity depended on luck. The selection for each generation only came once every few decades! If one were born too early or too late, they would forever miss their chance.

Fortunately, Tang Wulin and his friends came at the right time. They could take a shot at becoming one of the Shrek Seven Monsters. The only downside was that they would only be eighteen when selection time arrived. At that time, they would be facing geniuses with an advantage of up to seven years.

"I have lofty goals!" Xie Xie proudly stated.

"What use are goals if you can't accomplish them?" Xu Xiaoyan jabbed at him.