Chapter 26

"Good" I say getting up from the ground, fixing my blue t-shirt.

"I'm really starting to improve now" Skylar says proudly, beaming at me.

It's true, I've only been training her for a week and she's already improved so much. Although, I can't take all the credit for her sudden improvement, James has been doing really well with the pack training. To be honest, I'm surprised Skylar is able to do two intense training session in a row everyday, seeing as she's never trained before. I admired her for that.

I'm also starting to get better, I hadn't fought for a while so I was bit rusty but I think I'm 100% ready for the attack.

I check my watch and see it's 6.04pm. I sigh.

" Eleven more minutes" I say glumly.

Skylar gives me a sympathetic look. " I'm sure it won't be that bad."

I scoff. Yeah right.

"You know you can easily get out of it" Skylar continues "just one pout at Alpha Blake and you're out or you could just flat out refuse."

She's right, technically I could but I couldn't allow myself to refuse to do it.

You see, earlier today James and Blake pulled me out of pack training for a discussion. I was confused at first because they both were just complimenting me on my fighting skills and telling me how good I'm doing with Skylar. I thought that they were just being nice, silly, I know, but soon after , I realise it was just to sweeten me up and make more likely to agree with their idea.

"Seeing as you've been making incredible progress with Skylar," James had said " we're both wondering if you could help another wolf who's struggling ."

"Of course I will!"

James looked uncomfortably over to Blake.

" Great, Casey will meet you here at 6.15 today after your session with Skylar." Blake says quickly and turns around to leave.

"Wait what" I asked and roughly pulled him back to face me. Luckily none of the pack saw that move or Blake would go crazy and give me yet another lecture on how not to disrespect him in front of the pack.

James stepped forward to speak knowing if he didn't, Blake and I would just argue. He sometimes reminds me of a little kid who's parents keep on fighting, the parents being Blake and I of course. "You saw how inexperienced she is, one session a day isn't enough. She also needs one on one help and you've done a great job with Skylar. Please."

"Okay." I couldn't say no. As much as Casey annoys me I can't let her go out and fight not knowing what to do. This whole thing is my fault and I think I'd actually feel guilty if something happened to her during this. 

At exactly 6.11PM Casey arrived. I was expecting her to be late just to annoy me, surprisingly she was early. Skylar and I both sat on the ground when she came walking up. 

"Are you going to teach me how to fight or just sit there and talk?" she snaps at me. 

I grit my teeth and count to ten in my head. Blake has been trying to help me with my anger and suggested I do this. I know, it's pretty big coming from him. He has a worse temper than me, he should use some of his tips. 

"Good luck" Skylar mutters to me before she leaves. 

I look over to Casey and she looks like she doesn't want to be here just as much as me. At least that's one thing we have in common. 

"Hey" I  say awkwardly after we just stand there for a few moments in silence. 

"Can we just get this over and done with."