The Incident #4

(Kazuma POV)

All of us minus Yuuki were around the dead body of Gojo Satoru. It was obvious what happened, yet what is there we can do about it?

Without Monokuma, any sure-fire way to get rid of Yuuki is gone. Gojo was our next best bet, and yet look at what happened.

"K-Kazuma..." 

Even Aqua seemed to realize how much danger we were in.

Nevertheless, I put on my best smile for her to try and help her nerves. "Relax. I can take care of it."

She opened her mouth in protest, but before she could say anything I spoke over her

"It's ok. Just investigate the surrounding area, alright?"

I then left the scene, the only other one who even seemed to notice was Dazai. I felt his stare into my back as I left.

(Kirito POV)

'...It's my fault.' I thought but I quickly changed that 'I...I'M SO STUPID!!!!'

I yelled at myself over and over again as I stared at what was now Gojo Satoru.

'Why did I let my emotions get the best of me?'

I finally broke down for the first time I was here. I felt tears roll down my face as I continued looking at the aftermath of my choice. How horrible a death had Gojo had because I refused to fight? Sure he didn't want me to join in...But even so, if I stayed nearby I could have at least finished him off.

And now, Yuuki is still alive.

'I can fix it...I know I can.'

Just as I wiped my tears and turned around, Dazai stood in front of me. It was a bit shocking, but his eyes seemed to have taken a darker shade.

"...Dazai, I-"

"No excuses. I told you that we needed both of you."

"..."

"...It's not like me to feel so upset about this, but for some reason, I have an overwhelming urge to slap you. I have enough reason to not, but still."

"..."

"You will not do anything more about the Yuuki situation. The best you can do now is just be the final wall. You will have to be the final survivor if any."

Memories flooded my mind.

"You...D-Do you know about the SAO incident?"

"Yes, where people were stuck inside a videogame for two whole years right?"

"Yes...I was the only survivor of that project. I'm sure you already knew that, but...Hmm..."

I wanted to protest. The amount of helplessness that came with being the last survivor was so bad I nearly killed myself a number of times. This wasn't the first time someone had died because of my selfishness, and that only made it that much worse.

But...If there was one thing I could do, it would be the final survivor so no one else would have to go through what I went through.

"... Never mind, I can do it."

"Good." Dazai then went to look at the body, and I along with everyone else did the same.

(Dazai POV)

It was later on in the night when I was sitting in my room. In front of me was Kazuma, prostrating in front of me.

"Please...Tell me where Yuuki is." He begged

"..."

My face was stoic. At least I think it was. But inside, something was warping.

"You'll die," I said after a while of silence.