Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~~Ariana ~~

It's Monday today, and let's be honest Mondays are the worst of the week. It's the beginning of the repetitive cycle we can't escape from. Sometimes I wonder how long I can do this for.

Look I love life, right? I'm very thankful for every morning I open my eyes and every day I get home safely and in my bed after a long or nice day, but when you really sit and think about life... it really is just a cycle. School, work, sleep, and repeat you rarely get time to enjoy. But oh well. What can you do other than complain?

I hate to be that person but I do love to complain about everything. Yup, I'm the type of person to complain about having to get up early in the morning, complain about having to pack lunch because I get hungry, complain about walking to class in any weather, complain about the lecture and homework I have to do, etc... I even complain when nothing is bothering me.  It's just a way of getting through the day.

And well today as I'm making my way to dance rehearsal I'm complaining about having to be there. I tried to lighten my mood by getting a nice Dutch Bros energy drink, Midnight Rebel to be specific because although all of their other drinks sound amazing I feel too stupid to order them... they have weird names so I stick to the one that makes me sound less stupid.

As I'm walking and sipping on that sugar that in a few years will lead to diabetes I'm thinking of how horrible it's going to go today. As expected I'm a complainer and a pessimist but on this occasion, you can not blame me for thinking this way. After how they welcomed me last time I shouldn't even be going back, but for Rubi, I will.

    "Are you excited for today?" A cheerful voice caught me by surprise and when I turned around I met those brown jumping eyes hidden behind dark blue glasses, Emmerson.

    "Should I be excited for today?" I sip on my drink trying to find the energy Emmerson seems to have an excess off

    "I mean you're back which I'm surprised" I laugh and he laughs with me "I'm glad you came back. I won't be the new one anymore" He winks at me

    "Right" I nod almost in defeat because being the new one sucks and I wish I could give him that spot back, as mean as that sounds. "Are they always like that?... I mean were they like that with you too?"

    "Kind of" He shrugged "You got it easier though...or worse I don't know it depends on how you want to see it"

What does that even mean?

    "I mean because Juliette was the meanest of them all but now she's gone so you never had to deal with her but... you also replaced her which she definitely did not take lightly and neither did her little minions so you started on their bad side"

    "Wow thanks for the encouragement now I'm debating going back to my dorm and never coming back"

He laughed as he opened the door of the rehearsing room and almost told me too late with his eyes

To my surprise, everyone was there when we arrived and this time everyone greeted us with a smile except of course Kendra and Kassandra, they're like the evil step sisters at this point but I doubt I'll be Cinderella in this story because there is no Prince Charming here.

    "I'm so happy you guys are here!" Ruby skipped her way to us and hugged us "We were waiting for y'all"

    "What took you two so long?" Carson asked with that evil smile and raised his slit eyebrow "The two new ones already acting like they have privileged treatment? Isn't that what got my sister kicked off?"

His sister? Juliette is his sister? This is becoming more and more like a bullshit show

    "Shut up Carson and go get in your position"