Chapter 13

~~Ariana~~

After that Kayden and I stayed together until we couldn't anymore and we had to get to our position/spot? I don't know dance terminology even if I binged Dance Moms many times.
We went with our partners, both cursing under our breath as we heard Rubi call us over.
"This is all your fault" I whisper to him, his black hair falls on his face slightly as he looks down and nods
  "I know I'm sorry I ruined everything" He plays with my cold hands with the excuse of warming them up "You should've stopped me" his black eyes look at me playfully blaming me for this. 
I smile but my hand is snatched from Kayden's and I meet with Carson's hazel eyes "Don't you hear? Practice has started"
I roll my eyes at him as hard as I can and pull my hand from his but when I see Kayden trying to step in I move to our position to avoid another confrontation between them and me.

Rubi and Julian stand in the middle as Fabio and Gaby stand in front of them to their right, to their left Kayden and Kendra, behind them Emerson and Kassandra to their left Carson and I, and to our left Ansel and Maritza.

We all stand in front of the guys, I feel Carson way too close to me but I try to ignore it although his wood scent mixed with his cologne fills my nostrils and it's so good because it brings me back to our kiss and I can't get my mind to walk away from that memory. It's engraved in my mind and he intensifies the memory when he's this close to me, when all the elements of that kiss play around my body pulling me back to that moment.

He knows what he does to my body and he loves it.

"Okay guys if we get all the dances right without messing up we can hang out for the rest of the night" Rubi declares and I'm in complete shock because what?
This is not some sort of club that we all decided to join because we liked, wanted to meet or hang out with each other. This is not a friendship group we wanted to be a part of or form, what the fuck is she on? No one here actually likes each other... or well maybe they don't like me because they think I'm the "reason" Juliette got kicked out.
But regardless this is about her and her grade not hanging out and what? Playing truth or dare because that for some reason makes Rubi think we'll be able to dance better. This is absolute nonsense.
    "I'm leaving if this is what we're doing after" Fabio answers to Rubi's plan
"Me too" Kayden continues
     "Yeah, same I have a lot of things to do" I follow and I hear Carson chuckle behind me. Still trying to get to my head and under my skin no matter what or how it's like someone pays him to do this

She ignores us and the music starts. The first dance was my favorite, it was slow and binding. There was meaning behind it, a story to tell, you have to connect with your partner which I love. Again I'm not a dancer but as a child growing up watching dance moms and always wanting to perform a dance in front of an audience, this is something I can tick off from my bucket list even if Carson is the one I have to do it with.
I always had some sort of bad anticipation when it came to this dance as much as I loved it connecting and becoming one was always nerve-wracking because every time I let myself go in the dance I'm up there in the moon dancing along and the moonlight is our shining light.
Tonight I despised it. I detested the feeling I knew I was going to get as soon as he touched me, as soon as Rubi screamed eye contact and I was forced to look into his pretty hazel eyes how I would melt inside and be trapped in there without wanting to find my way out.

After what Carson said I don't want to have any type of connection with him. But with the dance, with the connection we have when I'm in his arms and he's the one that leads me throughout it, I connect with him as your iPhone does to your AirPods. It's like he opens the airpod lid and closes it when he wants to knowing I'll always connect with him.

Before the music starts I feel Carson's hands run down my back slowly to my waist making my whole body shiver. I didn't dare to turn around or say anything because I could already imagine the smile plastered across his face. He knew exactly what he was doing to me, to my body with his touch and I didn't want to give him the complete satisfaction of seeing my red cheeks.