Part 5

I awoke from my sleep to Bela vigorously shaking me, her excitement palpable in the way she called my name, I willingly opened my eyes, smiling, it had been a while since someone had shown such care and enthusiasm, as I had been isolating myself in solitude.

"Good morning dragã, it's time for a morning feast, and we'll convene with my sisters to share some food."

"What? have I slept through a whole day already?"

In that moment, my gaze accidentally landed on Bela's bare form beside me, her discarded dress on the floor, I quickly averted my eyes, and she chuckled playfully.

"Don't overthink it, I always sleep naked because it's more comfortable for me, I slept near you like this."

I nodded with a smile. "And I know you don't see me in that disheveled state, that's why I love you even more for this, what we have between us is love, now let's get up."

I eagerly got out of bed as it was 7:30 in the morning, and having slept early the night before, despite losing consciousness, I didn't feel the least bit sleepy.

I freshened up by washing my face and swiftly picked an outfit from the closet, with Bela by my side, we headed downstairs, diving into conversation.

"You might find it challenging to adapt here, but don't worry, everyone is nice despite our differences and varied personalities."

Bela explained, patting my head, I felt a bit tense, unable to communicate with those around me, I knew Cassandra and Daniela, making me both comfortable and anxious about their reactions when they saw me for the first time.

We entered a large hall with a table for at least ten people, Bela stood by the window, while maids prepared breakfast, Cassandra and Daniela hadn't arrived yet.

"Good morning, sir."

A maid greeted me, I returned the greeting with a smile, reassured by their friendly manner.

"Where are my sisters, maid?"

"Lady Cassandra tends to sleep in the mornings due to her late-night hours, and Lady Daniela takes her time getting ready, preferring to look her best before coming downstairs."

The maid's mention of Cassandra's late-night habits alarmed me, I had a gut feeling she might be aware of my presence and the night spent in a closed room with Bela, I hoped my suspicions were unfounded, but fear lingered.

Bela chuckled and spoke to the maid. "I'll go upstairs to talk to Daniela about something personal, meanwhile you can go to Cassandra's room and remind her to come down quickly before breakfast gets cold."

She pulled out a chair for me at the dining table, but I declined, my voice tense.

"What if one of your sisters tries to harm me?"

"Don't you trust me to protect you?"

"It's not that I doubt you, but I don't feel safe when I'm away from you."

"Enough of these doubts, wait for me here, don't forget that I possess enhanced abilities to protect you, whether near or far."

Bela finished her sentence and left, leaving me reluctantly seated, feeling uncomfortably trapped.

After a while, a swarm of flies appeared, and I desperately wished for Daniela to arrive instead of Cassandra, my assumption seemed right, but a sense of danger lingered as the flies approached me in a disturbing manner.

"I smelled a man-thing from afar, and I was confident that my highly developed sense of smell wouldn't deceive me!" Daniela declared with a loud laugh.