eight

VIII. Leaked Song

BRIGHTON: September 2023

INSTAGRAM:

Mich watched in worry as Mia listened to the new song she was working on

Mich watched in worry as Mia listened to the new song she was working on. The older sister was always there with her when Lando wasn't. And right now, hearing the new song that her sister had wrote overnight, her heart broke.

As much as Mia accepted in meeting their uncle's friend, the news of Lando meeting someone else, and hearing him talk about her like she was everything really triggered something in Mia.

And Mich knew that. She knew she had one outlet for this; her songs.

And that was what she was doing.

As Mia was talking to her producer on how to tweak some things on the song, Mich felt her phone vibrate. Glancing at it, it was Seb.

"Mia." She called out. The singer looked at her sister. The sunken eyes made Mich frown, "Onkel ruft an. Ich werde antworten, bevor er denkt, wir ignorieren ihn." She said.
(Translation: "Uncle calls. I'll respond before he thinks we're ignoring him.")

The singer chuckled and nodded, waving her away. Mich answered the call and walked out the door. "Hey." She said. She can hear Seb was shuffling around, she could only guess what he was doing.

"How is she?" he asked. He had seen her niece's Instagram story and was worried. Mich sighed and glanced at her sister through the glass panel of the door.

She was walking back inside the booth, "She's recording a new song." She mumbled. She heard her uncle sigh, "Is it bad?"

"Well its about crying on her guitar. You be the judge of that." Mich said as she leaned on the wall. "What are we going to do Seb? I don't want her to spiral." She muttered, remembering the days when they were young, when Mia would haul up in a corner and write as their parents fought over what to do with them.

That was before Seb got them and took guardianship.

"Let her for now. She agreed to meet Noah right?" he asked. Mich hummed and nodded, "She did."

"Okay, then she will when she wants to." Seb said, but he paused he didn't know how to ask but he knew it was important to know.

"Will you both be at the Qatar GP?" he asked. She sighed and walked back in just in time as Mia was walking out of the booth, "Hey, what did Seb want?" she asked Mich.