eleven

XI. Hotel Room

QATAR: October 2023

INSTAGRAM:

TWITTER:

Mia sat on the ground as she waited for Lando to get the food from the room service

Mia sat on the ground as she waited for Lando to get the food from the room service. She didn't know how much he ordered but it seemed like it was a lot.

She had her guitar in hand, she was strumming a random tune. Well for Lando, it was random, but for her it was for the new song she was writing.

She started to hum as she grabbed the paper and pen that was on the coffee table. The name of the hotel printed on the bottom of it.

Her mind was going crazy, words and lines appearing in her head. She didn't realize she was singing.

I'm looking just to live through you vicariously

I've never been in love, not seriously

I had a dream about a house behind a picket fence

Next one I choose to trust, I hope I use some common sense

But I cut people out like tags on my clothing

I end up alone but I still keep hoping

Lando who finally got all the snacks and was walking to where he had left his best friend. But he stopped in his tracks when he heard her voice.

He listened carefully as the words hit him. "Mimi..." he trailed. It stopped her. She looked back at him, "The food is here?" she asked.

He hummed and nodded before walking towards her. He sat down next to her. She set the guitar to her side and turned to him. Criss crossed she motioned to the food and he passed them to her.

She got her the favorites; hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. "They didn't have sushi so I couldn't get you some. But I know you love these..." Lando started to ramble and Mia couldn't help but stare at him.

Mia knew he was trying to make her feel better. She knew he could sense that something that something was bothering her so he was doing his best to make her feel better.

She was thankful for his efforts, he was being himself. Lando Norris.

"Lan." She said as she placed a hand on his. He looked at her and sighed, "I just- I just want to know what's wrong? How can I fix it Mia?" he asked.

Mia can see the worry in his eyes. "You can't Lan." "But-" "I have to fix this myself."

Lando looked at her with a frown, "Then I'll fail as your best friend." He said. Mia chuckled and moved to hug him, "You'll never fail. It's just that, we both grew up and I think we need to venture off on our own."

"Like, you have Kate. And you're okay."

He shook his head, "Why is Kate always mentioned?" She raised an eyebrow at him, "Because she'll stick around. Listen to me Lan, she's good for you."

He frowned, "But what about you-" "I'll be okay. I met someone."

Lando could not believe his ears. For the first time, Mia has mentioned of meeting someone. "A singer, songwriter, I'll be working on some projects with him and honestly, I'm very excited."

Mia smiled, the same smile that Lando knew and memorized. The one that reached her eyes. Lando was happy that Mia someone that she was excited to work with. Someone that can make her smile like this.

That was the goal anyways. To make Mia happy.

"Is it- is it the guy you have been writing about?"

The singer sighed, "No. It's definitely not."

Lando nodded, "Good. He doesn't deserve you."

Oh if only you knew.