twelve

XII. Changing Schedules

BRIGHTON: October 2023

INSTAGRAM:

Mia sat with Mich as they both read what the fans were saying and reacting to the new schedule

Mia sat with Mich as they both read what the fans were saying and reacting to the new schedule. The singer had decided last minute to do some changes in her schedule.

She knew if she wanted to permanently bury the hatchet of her feelings she had to pull herself away from Lando. She can't be dependent on her. She couldn't.

So, despite her aching heart to do so, she delayed and advanced some shows. It hurt her not saying anything to Lando but she couldn't face him.

She had been ignoring his calls for a while, just answering his texts once in a while. Mich was against it, saying it was unfair for him, but Mia was adamant it was the best for the both of them.

They have been too dependent on each other. They had to grow.

"Well they're taking it better than you expected." Mich said. Mia hummed and nodded, she turned back to her piano as she played her new song. The older Vettel watched her, "Are you okay Ames?"

The younger Vettel let out a breath, "I don't understand why I wouldn't be okay. Everyone has been asking me like it wasn't my decision." She said. Mich rolled her eyes and sat down next to her, she decided to play with her sister.

Michelle knew how to play. She was taught as well, but she did not go that route. "Because not all decisions are from the heart. That's why I'm asking you." She said. Mia leaned her head on her shoulder, "I will be. I just need to get used to it and honestly, he's been happy. That's all I'm asking for."

"But you-"

"Am fine. I will be. I will focus on my career." Mia cut her off. Mich sighed and laid her head on top of hers, "Just tell us when you can't act like you're okay. We're here for you Ames."

"I know."

TWITTER:

Lando dialed her number again

Lando dialed her number again. He knew it was a lost case but he still had hope. Mia had been dodging his calls, and he didn't know why. When it went to voicemail he sighed.

Staring at his phone, he decided on calling the one person he knows that would answer.

After a few rings, Michelle answered, "Lando-" "Is she there? Can I please talk to her?"

"She can't-" "Mich! I told you many times to clean up." He heard Mia's voice. Involuntarily, Lando's heart jumped, "Please Mich."

She heard the Vettel sigh, "Mia, talk to him." He heard argued whispers then silence. Lando waited patiently, that was until he heard a sigh.

"Hello?"

"Mimi? Are you home?" he asked. Mia gulped, "Depends which home-" "Brighton. Are you home?"

Lando heard him hum, "Yes, why?" He couldn't help but feel relieved, she was so close.

"Can I drop by at the house?"

"You're here? I thought you were home in Monaco?" she asked. Lando shook his head, he was feeling frustrated, "That's the thing Mia, I couldn't. I'm in London, I need to pick up something from your place."

Mia thought about the last time that Lando was at her home in Brighton. It had been months, they were both travelling.

"Uhmm it's been months since you've been here Lan. What else could you have forgotten? Can you tell me what it is-"

"I didn't bring you with me." He cut her off. Mia sighed, "Lan, we talked about this." She said. Reminding him of the night at Qatar.

"I know, but I never thought that meant you changing your schedule. Mia, you didn't tell me."

He heard her sigh, he was starting to hate that sound, "Because we have to do things separately. We talked about this." She reasoned. She heard him let out a whine, "But, Mia... We always do things together. You were always with me, I just can't feel you physically." He said quietly.

Mia felt her heart break, she looked at Mich. This was the reason why she didn't want to answer his calls. She already knew what he would tell her.

"You still have me. You always will have. We're Mimi and Lanlan. We just have to do things differently this time."

Lando sighed, "I hate different." Mia chuckled, "I know, but different is good."

"If you say so Mimi..."

TWITTER:

➥@fan198: the doubters eat this up, they're okay

@fan198: the doubters eat this up, they're okay