twenty eight

XXVIII. Watching You

LAS VEGAS: November 2023

TWITTER:

➥@fan198: AHH LANDO ANSWERED MIA'S NEW SONG

@fan198: AHH LANDO ANSWERED MIA'S NEW SONG

@fan65: lando really answering mia's song is so sweet

@ameliamia: really? 🥹

     @landonorris: really.

Mia was talking to the crowd, she was just reading some signs and accepting the gifts being given to her. It was that part of the show where she was hyping up for the next song.

Which was a new song. Something she had written a long time ago but was hesitant to release. "Okay I know you guys are dying to know..." she trailed.

The crowd already knew making her giggle, "This new one has been in the vault for a long time and I just thought maybe it was time you know?"

She nodded at her band and sat down on the floor, something Lando always thought was adorable. He had asked her one time why she would do it and her answer made his heart melt.

In her words, it was nice to be on the ground, it reminded her where she started. It also made her fully aware that there were people that were supporting her. Being on the same height as them, seeing them eye to eye, it made her feel more special.

She swayed side to side to the tune, not realizing that Lando stayed for the rest of the show. He had qualifying the next day and she told him, it would be okay if he went back.

But there he was. Standing with the crowd, a smile on his face as his best friend sang.

That wasn't funny but she laughed so hard, she almost cried

They're counting months they've been together almost 49

He's making fun of how she acted 'round the holidays

She wears a ring, but they tell people that they're not engaged

Lando Norris did not know what changed. He was still mesmerized, he was still in awe at how she sounded and looked. Lando Norris saw her best friend singing her heart out.

He saw how much passion and love she had put in the song. And despite still not knowing who it was for, it was as if she was in her own world and he wished he was part of it.

It was the same feeling ever since.

But this time, it was clearer.

That talk with Noah really opened his eyes to his feelings.

He had feelings for his best friend.

That was why he reacted that way when he first heard about Noah. That was why he was so affected when she wanted to distance herself from him.

He had feelings for her and now he knew.

But I wanna feel all that love and emotion

Be that attached to the person I'm holding

Someday I'll be falling without caution

But for now, I'm only people watching

Mia giggled as she waved one last time and walk to the back where Mich was waiting. She smiled at her older sister and jumped in place making the older Vettel laugh.

"Calm down Ames." She said. But Mia shook her head, "They loved it Mich. They really did."

Before Mich could say anything, a voice has caught Mia's attention, "Like they always do with whatever you release."

Mia turned around in shock, her cheeks red and her jaw dropped. "Lan... You stayed." She said. The driver smiled, "Of course I did."

"But Quali-"

"Will still be there. And I know you'll be there. You will right?" Lando asked worriedly. He scratched the back of his neck and looked at her with pursed lips.

Mia furrowed her eyebrows, Lando's nervous. Since when?

"Of course I will be Lan. Why are you asking?"

Lando shrugged, "I just wanted to be sure." Mia couldn't help but chuckle and walked to him, pinching his cheeks making him cringe but smile at her.

"Mimi." He said, looking straight into her eyes. She hummed and smiled, "I was watching you too. Like I always do but differently."

Mia didn't know what to say, she stayed there. In the outsider's view, Mich smirked to herself. She hoped nothing will ruin this, her sister and Lando were so close to that happy ending, they really deserved it.