one

I. Kinder Chocolate

GERMANY: 2015

Amelia, or Mia as her family calls her, was just happy to get away from her mother. So, despite not really being that interested in her uncle's job, she joined him on a trip.

Following after her sister, Michelle and uncle, Sebastian, she looked around. It wasn't a first time for her to be in a track. She had been brought before to a few of Sebastian's races before. The difference with this one was his uncle's friends, Kimi and Nando, weren't there.

This time, her uncle had brought them to ADAC F4 race, it was the championship so it was a big deal. They were there a bit early, the hectic pressure of the championship hasn't reached the air yet.

This allowed Mia to wander around while Seb mingled around and Mich just stayed with him. Mia watched in awe, despite being able to see races of her uncle, it was still different to see cars this close. But as she was going through the garages and watching the drivers, one kid caught her eyes.

The kid who had curly hair and moles around his face was arguing with his dad about his tyres. She didn't mean to eavesdrop but his voice was loud and high, it was impossible not to hear what he was saying.

And despite not wanting to meddle, she couldn't help herself but to make herself known. "He's right you know." She said.

Her voice made the father and son to turn to her. She smiled politely and the man seemed to recognize her, "Thank you!" he said. The father was about to introduce him but his phone rang. He excused himself and left the two kids alone.

Mia smiled back at him and waved him away. She didn't realize that the young boy was staring at him in shock. So, when she turned to him, she tilted her head in confusion when she caught him staring at her.

"Do I have something on my face?"

"Oh, uh no. I-" he said and shook his head as he realized what his mother taught him. "I'm Lando."

The girl smiled, "Amelia. But Mia is fine."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Mia from Amelia?" he asked, he could not find the connections with her name. She chuckled, "It's something so my mum can remember it. Anyway, you race?"

That question was it. It seemed to have opened a new conversation led by the young driver. Lando started to talk about the most random of things, and she let him.

Despite knowing mostly everything he was talking about, she still listened intently as if not knowing what he was talking about. As he continued talking, he realized how she was listening to him. It warmed his heart.

He liked her so much that he actually sat down on the ground by the car and started to indulge her questions. They did not realize that the race was nearing until Adam had returned with Seb. "Ehem."

The two of them looked up and smiled, "Sorry to disturb this but the race is about to start in an hour." Adam said with a smile. Lando hummed and nodded, he stood up and offered his hand.

Not realizing that Sebastian was just standing there, she grabbed his hand and stood up. She was smiling at him until someone cleared his throat. They turned to see Sebastian there with a raised eyebrow.

Lando's jaw dropped, "Sebastian Vettel?" Mia chuckled and nodded, "Lando, meet my uncle. Uncle, meet Lando!" she said happily.

"Your uncle is Sebastian Vettel?"

She nodded and the F1 driver hummed and nodded. He crossed his arms, "And you are?" Mia rolled her eyes, "I just told you Seb, his name is Lando! And he's my new friend!"

"Yeah. Friend." Mich said with a smirk. Seb sent her a look and she giggled, "Okay, well say good bye to your friend. He's going to race." He said.

Mia smiled and nodded, she turned to him and waved, "I'll see you after?" she asked. Lando's eyes brightened and nodded, "Yeah! Oh, but here." He said and handed him something.

With furrowed eyebrows, she accepted the little treat. It was a kinder joy chocolate. "It's my favorite but I can't really have it now. So, have it!" he said happily.

She giggled and waved away. Leaving the father and son, Mia was humming happily as she walked behind her uncle and sister. But when they reached the garage, her uncle stopped walking and turned to her.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at her, "So, Norris huh?" he asked. Mia nodded but was confused, "Yeah? What's going on?" she asked as she looked at her sister for help but Mich was just smirking at her.

"What's going on is that you seem chummy with him." He said. Mia rolled her eyes, "I thought you brought me to races to meet friends."

"I did-"

"Then lucky you! I met a friend and he's Lando!"

Sebastian and Mich shared a look, they only hoped that meeting Lando would do more good to her life than bad.

TWITTER:

➥@fan109: wait, I'm confused, they aren't dating?

@fan109: wait, I'm confused, they aren't dating?

     @fan009: they really aren't we tried to make sense of things but it's been 5 years so...

@LandoNorris: call me idiot all you want, but I'm your idiot

     @ameliamia: unfortunately

     @michroche: you say that like you weren't packing like a mad woman

      @LandoNorris: aww! You do miss me

      @ameliamia: never said I didn't.