Chapter 67

*Brendon's POV*

" So you just kissed her?" Audrey asked looking disappointed.

" She kissed me!" I said putting my hands up in surrender. She gave me a look, I knew she didn't believe me, but it was true. " I'm serious Audrey. Believe me or not, she DID kiss me first."

" You're right. I don't believe you. Would you like to explain to your wife?"

" I can't! She probably won't even attempt to answer my phone calls."

" So you didn't even try calling her?"

" One, can't talk on the phone & drive. Two, as soon as I got home, you showed up at my door! Why the fuck are you even here?!"

" I just got home. My fiancé is at a meeting right now. I was gonna make dinner then I saw you looking pissed as hell as you walked in your house. Also, I knew you went to Disney & for some reason you didn't come back with your wife & kid."

" Oh."

" Go call her! I'll be right here."

I got up & dialed Alice's number. It rang a few times. I heard another ring, but it cut off & went to voicemail. She denied my call. I tried again. Again denied. I walked back to the living room.

" She keeps denying my calls," I said.

*Alice's POV*

" He finally tried to call," I told Ryan. He was holding Vegas while we sat on the couch.

" Why didn't you answer?" He asked.

I gave him a 'really?' look. " He cheated on me! Would you answer your cellphone to an ex girlfriend who cheated on you?!"

" Good point. But I kind of think you should still talk it out. I know you're unhappy."

" You make me happy though."

" Alice, I really think you should talk to Brendon. Answer next time he picks up."

" Why should I?! Why do you want me to give him another chance when he'll probably just screw it up again?! I thought you liked me."

" Alice, I LOVE you. But I know you're unhappy. You're still completely in love with him. I don't want you to use me to get over him. When you're over him, then you can come to me. I want you to be happy & sure that you're gonna move on. Also you guys didn't even fill out divorce papers. Talk to him."

" I can't face him. He probably meant for it to happen-"

" And if he did. Come back to me. I'll be here for you. Anytime! Go home & talk to him. I'll drive you home."

I groaned. " Fine! I'll get my luggage."

~

Ryan waited in the car with all my things still in the trunk. I carried Vegas with me to the front door. I knocked a few times. I opened up to see Audrey.

" Audrey?! Why are you in my house?!" I yelled, my eyes going wide.

" Helping your husband! He's a wreck right now. You need to talk to-"

" No I don't. Of course you'd be here! Of all fucking times! You're probably the girl he cheated on me with!"

" Um, excuse me no. I'm engaged!" She showed me her ring. " And I saved most of the neighborhood because your man couldn't started a fire in your house over anger. You need to talk to him."

" Not happening. He cheated."

" He's a guy! What do you-"

" I expect him to be loyal! We have a kid. She's right here," I showed her Vegas. " And I don't expect him to be making out with some chick on our way home from a vacation together. Yeah that's not aloud. Would you forgive your husband or future husband if that happend?"

" I'd want to hear it from him. I'd want a completely honest explanation & if I don't like what I hear, I'll have to break my own heart & leave. Be a fucking adult Alice Urie & talk to your broken husband!"

I rolled my eyes at her. " Fine. Let me get my things first," I said lowering my voice tone.

I grabbed all my things & brought it in. Audrey helped me, for some reason. I said my goodbye to Ryan & Audrey left. I sat on the couch with Brendon but on the other side.

" Let me explain," Brendon said. His eyes were red & his face was stained with tears.

" Why'd you do it?" I crossed my arms.

" She kissed me."

" Did she now?"

" Yes she did. You wanna know her name?"

" It's not Sarah, is it?"

" Nope. It's the girl in the note. The one who 'commit suicide'. Jenna Young."

" Are you kidding me?! You basically were kissing your first love?!"

" Babe-"

" Don't 'babe' me! Just don't!"

" Let me finish! I was gonna go to the bathroom when I saw a girl in the shadows. I could barely see her face. Next thing I knew, she was on me, kissing me. I thought it was you until I heard you yell. I pulled away & saw the girl's face clearly. Her face hasn't changed one bit."

" But I thought she was dead."

" She was probably wrote this before she was gonna & changed her mind."

" What happend when you pulled away from the kiss?"

" I left her there."

" I don't think I wanna be here."

" Alice, I don't wanna lose you. Just think about it. You don't want Bella to grow up with her parents split. Wouldn't you want your parents together? I don't want her to have hard life because of us."

" I don't want her to have a hard life, period. But I don't know what to do! You cheated on me & I don't know if I could trust you again. I think we just need time away from each other."

" No no no. We don't!"

" I'm not breaking up with you! I'm just not gonna be here for awhile. We need some time away from each other. I'll stay with Jessie or my parents."

" But how are we gonna raise Bella?"

" Fine, I'll just stay with Breezy & Dallon. They have a guest room. I'm sure they won't mind me staying. I'll pick up Bella every day. You can keep her at night since you know how to put her to sleep better."

" How long will you be out of the house?"

" Maybe a month. A week, maybe. I don't know yet. I just need to think."

" I feel like you're leaving me," he scooted closer to me, wrapping his arms around me. I leaned my forehead against his.

" I'm not leaving you. I just- I just don't think we should be together right now," I sighed.

" Alice, please," his voice cracked & I could tell he started to cry again.

" B-Brendon," I couldn't help but cry there.

*Brendon's POV*

Alice fell asleep in my arms. I carried her over to our room & gently laid her down on the bed. I turned on the lamp on the nightstand & left the room.

Vegas was in her crib already sleeping. Maybe I could sleep with her. I heard clawing in the distance. I walked over to the noise & saw Penny clawing at our bedroom door. I allowed her in & she jumped on the bed & cuddled close to Alice.

I got on my side of the bed & watched her sleep. As I was about to fall asleep, Alice pulled me into a kiss. " I love you Brendon."

" I love you too, Alice. So very much."

---------------------
A/N: I feel like this sucked. Probably did. Oh well. This story might be ending soon. I'm planning on a sequel. It's up to you(:

Follow me on social media!
Twitter: @tr0picalgina ( it's a zero!)
We❤️it: @cravingtapi0ca ( also a zero)
Tumblr: ohdeargina.tumblr.com