10

Dedicating this one to whoschloe1 because she asked.

THREE MONTHS LATER...

Friday, February 24

ANAYA'S P.O.V

Yuh know seh mi should a ask Ryan wah him do fi be able fi gi mi so much money... but it done gone bad already cause most a the money spend.

In case you're wondering what I did with the money, I went to the hardware the next day to get some things to start working on the house. I told one of my uncles what I wanted to do and he assisted me in getting the materials needed at the hardware and told me he would get the workmen to work on the house. It was so stressful!

A so much stress people go through fi build dem house???

But I was grateful I had my family around me to help.

Part of the house was board structured and part concrete. I was only tearing down the board structures and putting up concrete ones. It was harder than building a house from the foundation up. We had to be extra careful because every mistake counts. After remodeling the house I was gonna build my room on the top of the house. But mi waa mommy comfortable fuss.

Ryan found out I was remodeling the house and offered me more money but I told him no so he came by to help the workmen when he could. With the pay I've been getting from work and assistance from my sister when she can because she had her own family, the house was slowly coming along.

It has been three months now and the house was almost complete. My family has been supportive which made the process easier. The only thing that was left to do was fix up the bathroom Mommy started and then we would be finished for now. So now the house had two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a verandah. My brother and I will continue to share our bedroom until I start mine in a couple of months. But at least Mommy is more comfortable now. No more cooking in the board kitchen, no more bathing in a half bathroom, and no more zinc roofs.

I have been getting a lot of stink eyes from the people in my community since I started working on my mother's house.

Unuh couldn't tell mi seh mi sell mi front to man weh drive axio??? Yes mi love a dat mi do fi get money fi build mommy house.

Even if that was what I was doing at least I'm building my mom's house to make life easy and comfortable for her.

When di likkle dry head bleach out skin gyal dem sell dem front dem dweet fi buy name brand clothes and shoes, all things materialistic, and dem pickney naa gaa skl and a walk up an dung pon road like dem naave nobody.

Mi seh mi even waa wul the one Pinky weh nuh like mi from primary skl just because the teacher chose me fi be class prefect instead a she inna grade 2. Mi seh she and har mada nuh stop carry feelings fi mi. But as long as them continue keep dem distance from mi dem can only talk.

Anyways...

Ryan's birthday is coming up next month in March and I have not the slightest idea what to get him.

Mi buy the things them fi finish the bathroom so mi pocket kinda low right. But mi think mi a go get pay before him birthday so by then I'll figure something out.

Currently, I'm at work wanting to go home because my period is being a bitch. It's now minutes after one and I haven't had lunch as yet due to feeling pain. I was not feeling any pain this morning. I'm currently feeling back pain, headaches, and cramps. Taking my phone from my bag I called Ryan.

"Hey, what's up?" He answered.

"Can you come and pick me up from work?" I cried into the phone.

"No problem. Are you okay?" He asked concerned.