23

ANAYA'S P.O.V.

Same Night

When I arrived at Brits, it was almost 7: 30 because I had stopped and got something for us to eat.

"Thanks fi come girl," Brit says as I enter the house.

"Yeah, man," I answered her, then went to place our food on the counter.

Bringing my attention toward her, I saw her in a nervous stance, looking out of space.

"Weh yuh bredda deh?"

Cause mi nuh hear him from mi come in.

"Him deh a him girlfriend," she mumbled.

Good.

"Yuh tek the test already?" I enquire.

"No, mi fraid," She says, shaking her head.

"Yuh have no pregnancy test wid yuh?"

Mi know she must tiad a the wul heap a question dem.

She shook her head yes.

"Alright, come we dweet together," I said, holding onto her hand.

"Get one plastic cup and the pregnancy test and come," I told her.

"You tek one cup from the kitchen, mi soon come"

She let go of my hand and walked off to her room for the test.

Shortly after she came back with threetestst then we headed to the bathroom.

"So yaa go pee pee in a the cup and den stick each a the test dem in a it then leave dem pon the counter fi couple minutes," I told her before giving her space to proceed.

Mi deven know weh fi seh to be honest cause it coulda be me.

"Mi finish," She says, coming out of the bathroom.

"Come," I called her, pulling her into a hug.

Immediately, she broke down in my arms.

"Girl mi nuh know weh mi a go do cause mi already is a disappointment to mi family. Mi feel lost and stress out, " She cries.

"It a go be alright Brit. Yuh have me and mi sure Devaughn wouldn't mek yuh do dis by yourself" I consoled her.

"No mi naa tell him," She says, pulling away from me.

Wah???

"Weh yuh mean yuh naa tell him?" I questioned.

"Cause mi naa go keep it. Girl, mi family a go kill mi, " She answered.

"Bu-"

"The time up?" She interrupts.

"I guess so," I answered.

"Can look pon it fi mi?" She begs.

"Ok."

I stepped inside the bathroom and took a deep breath before looking at the tests.

RYAN'S P.O.V.

Can't tell when last mi get a good sleep.

All we a try fi get a lead pon Donald all a now.

Our best guess is that him a work wid somebody...

But who?

None of our tech guys here have yet to find the location of where the text message came from. Our last resort is to get in touch with a friend of Theo's from Italy, which is what we are currently doing. We had wasted one week already and that a too much time cause if him can send one text and we cya find out weh it come from all now that mean seh him can come wid something else weh we nuh prepare fa.