╰┈➤ ❝ [ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘺] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Loki was seated with O.B., whose original name was A.D. Doug. He had managed to track him while the part-time writer explained to him about his Time Slipping to help him out.

"You need to learn how to control your Time Slipping," A.D. Doug instructed, resting his elbow on his knee.

"I can't control it. I can't—" Loki explained helplessly, "Make it happen. It's, it's random,"

"It's not random," he pointed out, "Because you keep ending up around the people you're looking for, and it's evolving because you're not just slipping in time, you're also moving around in space. It's like you're a better version of one of those TemPads,"

"You make it sound like it's a good thing,"

"With science, it's all what and how. But with fiction, it's why," A.D. Doug explained, "So, why do you need to do this?"

"Why do I need to do this?" Loki repeated his question, "I'll tell you why. Because if I can't save the TVA from being destroyed, there will be nothing to protect against what's coming. And—"

"And?"

He frowned to himself, "I want to find Y/N. I want to make sure she's alright. That she isn't hurt,"

"Who's Y/N? Your wife?" A.D. Doug perked up at this, hoping that he'd have someone to talk about his ex-wife.

"What?! No!" Loki spluttered, flustered at the statement, "No, er, she um," he paused, thinking for the right words, "She—She is just someone very decent. Someone that made me wanna be better," he mumbled the last few words to himself.

"Well, if that's the real why that's guiding you, you should be able to control it. So, go ahead,"

"Now?" he asked to make sure.

"Yeah, yeah, just do it,"

Loki got to his feet, "All right. Here we go," he nodded, taking a deep breath and stretching his arms at his sides. He held the position for a second before he jerked forward in an attempt.

"Focus in on that why. You need to save the TVA. Need to save Y/N," A.D. Doug encouraged him.

"All right," Loki nodded, refusing to lose his hope just yet.

"You need to save the TVA,"

He rolled his shoulders back, grunting and trying to focus.

"Anything?" A.D. Doug questioned.

"I'm trying," Loki replied, forcing himself forward again. But nothing happened.

 "Maybe you need to try harder," he added.

"I'm trying as hard as I can," Loki defended.

For the next few minutes or so, Loki spun himself, jumped in his place, outstretched his hands, moving his arms and legs around in an effort to trigger the Time Slipping. But it was all in vain.

Dispirited, Loki sighed deeply, giving up for the moment.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════