Chapter 7.

"It's nice to meet you Alma, I'm Lucy Gray and this is Miles."

"It's nice to meet you, Miles."

She said as she slowly turns to him

"It's nice to meet you, too."

He said returning the gesture

The intercom came on, notifying everybody that lunch was over.

"I guess, I'll see you two later."

She said, leaving both Miles and I alone at the table

"Is it just me, or does she give off a person who has  some sort of swagger?"

Miles chuckles as he leans in closer to me and said

"Saids the one with the most swagger of them all, girl on fire."

He teased as we both got out of our seats, putting our empty trays on the top of the bin, turning to one another.

"I guess I'll see you later then."

He said as he turned to look at me one last time  before heading out. I took a deep breath, coming to my senses as I headed down to the infirmary. As suspected, they had checked my vitals signs and my right calf.

"You're all set."

The doctor said, making me aware that my vital signs were normal and that my calf will be completely healed in a matter of a few days. I said my goodbyes as I headed back to my headquarters. I was fortunate enough to have the room all to myself right now.

Not only that, but I continued on my day staring at the binder I was given, circling back around to my thoughts as Miles came to mind. I felt a nice cozy sensation in my stomach as I tried to brush the feeling away. "Is this what actual butterflies feel like?" I said to myself, mesmerized by that thought.

"No."

I said to myself almost immediately as I flipped the next page of the binder. It was too soon. It was too soon for me to say that I actually have love for him. Like, don't get me wrong, he's a very attractive man who carries himself well and has the same beliefs as she does.

But who was she to say that things would work out with him? After all, she had a bad reputation when it came to falling in love with the wrong ones. Billy Taupe and Coriolanus Snow, especially. She only met Miles literally three days ago.

Besides, she doesn't know if he even feels the same way about her anyway. As soon as she came to her senses once again, Alma barged into the room.

"How was class?"

I said hesitantly, not sure of what to say to her yet.

"Accelerating."

She said throwing herself onto her bed.

"Ahh that's much better."

She said as we both let out a laugh.

"What's your occupation here in District 13?"

I said almost instantly.