Chapter 14.

"You want to know everything about Coriolanus Snow??"

I said uneasy, turning towards Alma and back to her father. I was instantly torn.. I slowly opened my mouth as no words came out. It made me think of what Miles had just said to me.

"Whatever you do, Lucy Gray, don't trust anything that woman has to say to you."

I instantly looked back at Alma as she was looking poised and in control as ever. Was Miles indeed right about me not trusting her?

"Yes."

He quickly stated bringing me back to reality.

"We want to know everything you know about him."

"Why is that?"

I said as I instantly word vomit.

"I was informed that he could possibly be the next candidate selected to become the next president of Panem."

"He was my mentor in the games."

I instantly said as I choked up, feeling my throat close up as those words came out.

I don't know why, but I instantly felt that he was looking back at me as if he had already known in his heart at this very moment I was talking about him. Was it his determination to get rid of me that terrifies me, or his unwillingness to let go that allows his imagination to run wild with paranoia that makes his heart or demeanor bitter.

Bitter to attack

Bitter to attack.

Like a snake slithering off in the wild ready to attack at whatever crosses its path. Just like the one that bit him in the woods as his paranoia slowly begins to creep in..

"I see."

He said as he looked at the others.

"As we previously discussed with my daughter."

"Lucy has all the right ideas for us moving forward."

"We need to see the damages that has been done and delegate and recover from it slowly but surely, bringing it back to the norm."

"How long until they plan another attack?"

A fragile yet determined woman who seems to be in her late forties speaks out

"Too soon to tell."

He stated.

"But rest assured, if they do plan another attack, we'll be ready for it."