Chapter 28.

As much as I've already predicted the outcome..

It still took me in by surprise all the same.

I never really considered District 12 my home, that was no secret, but to know that it was actually gone for good still aches me to say the least.

Especially when the majority of my memories that I have come from there.

Whether there were good memories or bad ones.

There were still memories that have been deeply embedded and ingrained to my subconscious.

I turned to Miles helplessly as he was on the phone trying to reach our children to make sure they were alright.

He turned to me squeamish as he was still on the phone as he was able to reach our kids letting us both know that they were okay.

I took a brief sigh of relief as I still had the same pit in my stomach

All I could really think about was the Covey and if they were still alive or had made it out alive.

Both Miles and I had done everything in our power to go and search for them, only to find nothing in return.

We had all turned on our radio to see if there was any sort of movement going on with District 13.

Over the years, we would get only a little bit of intel in regard to where they were staying as well as what they were currently planning.

From the last report we were made aware of was that they were going to plan to strike an attack to try and attempt to overthrow the Capitol once again as they did in the dark days.

Their attempt of that as well as the last failed miserably as the Capitol unleashed the virus to 13, killing the majority of their population, slowing them down, including Alma's daughter and husband.

Since the incident, they went completely radio silent, leaving us empty-handed second guessing ourselves with every move we made.

It was honestly no better or different than it was with the Capitol, more specifically Coriolanus Snow.

But before we could actually settle down into District 11; it was actually rumored that Coriolanus Snow had made a personal appearance, visiting down to District 12 to see Katniss Everdeen.

I didn't know it at the time, but it made perfect sense to why he did so.

He doesn't do anything without questioning or reasoning.

And that reason was me.

We would travel every year at the time, as we couldn't stay in a district for so long without being questioned or found.

Every so often it was even sooner than a year as we would head back to district 12 to the cabin or in a completely different woods and setting, hiding and waiting it out until it was safe to go back and search for what would be our new temporary home at that moment in time.

I literally found out that he was in the district when he randomly showed up back to the cabin. I was in the midst of cooking when I saw him as well as his many minions peacekeepers moving right alongside him.