Chapter 13.

"To be a part of the council and task force?"

I slowly repeated back as Miles looked at me frantically.

"Yes."

Alma clarified.

"They liked what you had to say and wanted for the both of us to be a part of their special task force."

"But I don't have any experience when it comes to politics and stuff like that."

I quickly stated.

"I'm just a simple performer who likes to sing, dance and most of all make music for those around me who bothered to listen."

"Well Lucy Gray, I beg a deffer."

Alma said, poised with her chin held up high.

"You're more than just a pretty face who can perform in a large crowd or in the games.."

"You Lucy Gray will be the face of the revolution who will put an end to all things Pamen."

I slowly turned to Miles as he already had his eyes set on me. Me being the face of revolution? I slowly turned to Alma as she continued to speak her mind about the matter. I don't see myself as the face of Pamen or anything related to it. I just want to be at peace.

But what would it mean if I can bring peace for my unborn child and for those around me?

I weakly smiled as Alma looked at both Miles and I face expressions.

"I'm sorry to cut your interaction short.. But duty calls, they're asking for you now."

I slowly turned to Miles as he nodded his head to me

"I'll meet you there."

I gesture for Alma to go on ahead of me. She quickly understood as she took off, leaving me alone again with Miles. I took a deep breath as the room was filled with awkward silence.

"You must go now, huh?"

He said awkwardly, breaking the ice yet again.

"I'm afraid so."

I said instantly, making eye contact with him. He looked at me as he was watching Alma from afar as he quickly brought his attention back to me. He went in for a kiss as he slowly wrapped his arms around me tightly, bringing me closer to him.

"Whatever you do, Lucy Gray, don't trust anything that woman has to say to you."

He instantly said as he quietly whispers in my ear, leaving me goosebumps as he slowly pulls away from me, leaving me dumbfounded as he casually walks away.

So many thoughts ran through my head as I was trying to process what had just happened. I slowly turned to the hall, snapping out as I hurried to meet with Alma.

"Took you long enough."

She whispered as we quickly went inside and took our seats. She quickly turns to me as she notices how quiet and pale I was.