29.

It had been two weeks and everyone was still at stake of silence making sure everything was just going as it was to be. Slow pacing yet making progress.

Zoey had observe things, how everyone had to change for her. And it's making her feel the guilt.

They already eat dinner at 8 in the evening, it was just Imelda, Imee, His son Borgy, and Irene with zoey.

Zoey had been noticing that greggy hadn't been present during dinner time for almost a week. While imee was trying to go home on time before dinner time, Bong and liza togetger with their son's aside from sandro had go back to Dasmariñas already.

It was 9:30pm in the evening when zoey got out from her room, she's about to pass from Irene and greggy's room when she heard a conversation among two since it was just half-way open.

"I'm really sorry love but promise as soon as okay na lahat I'll be back here", greggy uttered to which zoey heard first.

Eavesdropping was out of zoey's league but because of curiosity she did.

"It was just a bit of a hassle to travel from her to makati and makati back to San juan again, irene", greggy explained.

"Does you really have to do this, hun?", tanong naman ni irene.

"Yes love, sorry. But as soon we fix it the beteer para makabalik ako agad dito"

"You know I can't do this alone, greg", irene said anxiously as she stand up.

Lumapit naman si greggy sa kanyang asawa, "I know hun, I know you just need to hang for some days or even week po. Then I'll focus again about us, our family", tugon naman ni greggy.

"Okay, I can't do anything about it already I also know how tired you're already from driving back and forth, just promise me to finish it as soon as possible okay?", saad naman ni irene.

"I promise hun. Uodate me from time to time", greggy told irene and soon after silemce had elope the room.

After which zoey then got down, she now feels more guilty. She just went to the sofa in the sala right away and there she realized things until she zoned out.

"Are you okay?", it was greggy who asked. He saw zoey when he got down and notice that zoey wasn't moving at all.

"Hey", he said again as he sat down beside.

Nagulat naman si zoey to which resulted for her shouts, "jeez, omayghod!", she exclaimed and almost jump out of the sofa.

"Sorry", greggy immediately apologized.

"I didn't mean to scare you or what you just really seem out of your mind", he added.

Zoey feel a litlle bit shy after, "sorry po I didn't mean to shout nagulat lang din po ako", she said and sat down again beside greggy.

"It's okay", sagot naman ni greggy tumango lang si zoey.

"Can I ask you something?", greggy said with encouragement.

She apparently knows what is it about, "go ahead po", sagot naman nito.

"Are you okay?", sabi niya at agad na binawi.

"Hmm. Sorry. What I mean is that I know you are not okay but you know hmm", biglang nalang nawala ng sasabihin si greggy. This is the very first time.

Ngumiti naman si zoey, she knows everyone was trying to avoid necessary things and mostly all things tgat would hurt her feelings.

"It's okay po. And I know what you mean. I am okay po, I just zoned out because hmm.", she paused.

"I also don't know but I am okay po, promise", she just added.

Tumango-tango naman nalang si greggy.

Silence gad eloped them two and after minutes the lights suddenly gone out, with a great shock biglang napakapit ng mahigpit si zoey kay greggy.

"Omayghad its so dark", she stated. Natuwa naman si greggy sa sobrang higpit ng hawak ni zoey to which something came up to his mind.

"Ang higpit naman masiyado", sabi nito.

"Sorry po", zoey just said pero hindi bumitaw sa hawak to which greggy knows na takot ito.

"Paano ba 'yan brownout. Hatid na kita sa room mo", sabi nito.

"Po?", biglang gulat naman na tanong nito.

"Sabi ko hatid na kita sa room mo since madilim", saad ulit ni greggy.

"Ha po. Ah eh ano, ayaw niyo po ba na dito muna tayo?", tanong naman ni zoey kay greggy.

"As much as I want to kase inaantok na rin ako", sagot naman ni greggy.

With hesitation sumama na din si zoey, "are you scared?", biglang tanong ni greggy ng nasa kalagitnaan na sila ng hagdan.

"Absolutely, yes", zoey answered immediately.

As soon as they're infront of zoey's room napatigil nalang si zoey, "good night zoe, it's late already you need to sleep", saad ni greggy at hinalikan ito sa noo.

"Go on in", sabi oa ni greggy.

"But", sabi ni zoey with hesitation

"But?", tanong naman pabalik ni greggy. He knows he's plan will succeed as long as hindi babalik ang ilaw kaagad.

"But it's dark", sagot niya.

"Don't worry zoe mamaya balik dim 'yun or baka inaayos na nila mang nick ang generator", sagot naman ni zoey.

"Pero mamaya pa po 'yun", sagot naman agad ni zoey with fear in her voice.

Now his plan are getting at it's peak, "okay ganito nalang, you want to stay in our room muna para you have company and after that you could go back to your room if may electricity na?", greggy suggestion.

Zoey who's not being reluctant as fear went to her, she pulled greggy immediately towards the direction of their room, "tara na po", saad pa nito.

Now greggy is smiling and smirking, "wag ka muna bumalik please. At sana walang gasoline 'yung generator", hiling ni greggy as zoey comtinue to pull him.

Malamig naman ngayon doon and they can just open the sliding doors of their room for them to have air.

As they entered they saw itene peacefully sleeping kaya naman tahimik silang pumasok, "go on sa gitna ka na namin", sabi ni greggy and with that dahan-dahan naman na tumabi si zoey

Right at the moment zoey doesn't care or mind she just really need someone to be with dahil takot siya.

Tumabi naman agad si greggy. Amd with silence nakatulog narin silang dalawa after.

It was 2am when Irene woke up dahil may nakayakap sakanya ng sobrang higpit and to her suprise it was zoey hugging her and same with greggy.

Gagalaw sana ito ng biglang siya pinigilan ni greggy, "sulitin mo na 'yan hun pag 'to nagising babalik ma sa kuwarto", mahinanh sabi ni greggy.

"Why is she--", tanong sana ni irene pero hindi na natapos dahil nagsalita ulit si greggy.

"Bukas ko nalang sasabihin for now savor this moment, buti nalang nagbrownout kanina", 'yun lang ang tanging sabi ni greggy at nagpatuloy ng matulog.

Irene then take greggy's advice, nakatitig lang ngayon 'to kay zoey habang yakap-yakap niya rin ng mahigpit.

"I love you", she keep on repeating.

It took almost an hour before irene drifted back to her sleep.

Short update. I just made it rush, super rushhh RN.

Not sure if I'll be making a continuation for this chapter and post it tomorrow too.

Typograpical Errors and Mispelled words ahead.

Vote and Comment.