Kinda Fake Dating - VI

Jisoo ran straight to Roseanne's room. She knew Roseanne was still at the dance but Roseanne's roommate was more than used to seeing Jisoo at odd hours and didn't hesitate to let her in. She asked if Jisoo was okay when she saw the tears in her eyes but Jisoo just shook her head and curled up on Roseanne's bed.

The familiar smell of her big sister on the sheets calmed her down enough that she wouldn't have a panic attack but it didn't stop the tears running down her cheeks. She cried silently for another half hour until Roseanne showed up sporting a dopey grin, at least until she caught sight of her little sister curled up on her bed. 

Jisoo felt bad that she's ruining Roseanne's otherwise perfect night. She knew that Roseanne had been waiting for this practically since she first met Pranpriya and she knew that this night should be about Roseanne and how the girl she's liked for so long finally likes her back. But Jisoo's in the middle of a crisis and she didn't know who else to go to.

"Jisoo, what happened? Are you okay?" Roseanne said, immediately dropping to her knees next to the bed so that her eyes were level with Jisoo's. She brushed some loose strands of hair out of Jisoo's eyes. "Did Jennie do something to you?"

"No!" Jisoo said, sitting up quickly and startling Roseanne in the process. "She didn't do anything. It's my fault. I messed up."

Roseanne moved to sit next to Jisoo on the bed and pulled her into her lap.

"What happened?" Roseanne asked, her voice soft and neutral, her fingers playing with Jisoo's hair.

"I kissed her," Jisoo said. "I kissed my best friend. It's just that she was so pretty in her dress and make up and her hair. And we were dancing and she was really close. And I think I ruined everything."

Roseanne furrowed her brow.

"Do you like her?" She asked. "Do you actually like her or was it just spur of the moment?

Jisoo fell silent. She hadn't thought about it before, didn't have to. Things with Jennie were good and she'd never had any reason to question them. Except when she thought about it, she realizes that she's never had a friend like Jennie before. She's never had anyone that she spent time with every day, that she missed nearly constantly when they're apart. She realized that she and Jennie have been dating for all intents and purposes. They held hands, cuddled and had movie dates, and ate most meals together. In their attempt to seem like a couple, they had transitioned almost seamlessly into actually being a couple. And Jisoo had taken it for granted and hadn't bothered to examine the way she felt whenever Jennie walked into a room.

"Yeah, I think I do," Jisoo said. "I really, really like her Rosie."

She heard Roseanne let out a soft sigh that Jisoo couldn't decipher.

"What did Jennie say to you? I mean, after you kissed her."

"I.. I don't know. I ran away."

"You ran away?" Roseanne asked in disbelief. "Why?"

"She didn't.. I mean, I kissed her without her permission and I know she didn't feel that way about me."

"How do you know?" Roseanne asked. Jisoo turned to look up at Roseanne's disbelievingly.

"I'm serious. How do you know?"

Jisoo fell silent.

"Jennie adores you," Roseanne said. "She spends every day with you. She knows your favorite food, your favorite color, which songs you refuse to listen to. She knows that you like cinnamon in your hot chocolate and that you hate scary movies, not because they scwere you, but because you think they're boring. She watches silly TV shows with you every day and ate almost every meal with you."