Damn The System - I

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Jennie hated dating because it made her feel self-conscious about her own personality. Some of her previous girlfriends found her too awkward, too brash, too abnormal. She wasn't going to waste her youth being constantly shut down and heartbroken, but someone suggested that she try again.

There was a new system that could find a person's "perfect match" with a 99.8% success rate. That was more than enough to convince her to try the new app out. Jennie was confident that she wouldn't fall in the 0.2% category; there was no way the world hated her that much.

Jennie stuffed her hand into her coat's pocket and pulled out a small circular device, which was what people had been gushing over as the AI lovebot.

She took a deep breath and held it up to her mouth, "Noona?" she breathed out tentatively.

"Yes, Ruby?"

The AI had a chipper voice, rather excitable. Jennie found her slight accent to be relaxing.

"Um, Jennie's fine," Jennie said, not at all trying to hide the annoyance in her tone. Something inside her felt bothered by being called Ruby.

"Okay, Jennie."

Jennie looked up and at her surroundings. It was totally dark. There were no street lights, signs, cars, or anything. It was just a creepy gravel road that seemed to go nowhere. "Uh." She cleared her throat. "Where am I supposed to go?"

"Proceed to the hub."

Jennie glanced ahead of her. There was a tall dome type of building that was brightly lit up by glowing windows and spotlights. "Right."

The dome intimidated her. It was rather familiar, almost as if she had been in a similar type of building before. But for some reason, she couldn't remember why or how. There were other people there too. Some were alone and others had a significant other. She walked along the polished hallway that made her feel nauseous. She could see herself in the reflection. Jennie wasn't one to totally love her appearance, so a wave of insecurity of her appearance would not help her date.

Jennie rode up the escalator and folded her arms across her chest. There was a restaurant at the top of the escalator. Noona said that was where she would be meeting. Jennie took a deep breath and entered the restaurant. Immediately she felt relaxed. She came to the right place. Hopefully, things wouldn't go downhill from there.

Showing up is the hardest part, Jennie thought.

She slid into one of the middle booths and sighed. All she had to do was wait. Jennie just hoped her partner wouldn't stand her up.

-

Jisoo chose a black cocktail dress for her date that evening. It was simple, but it accented her curves perfectly. She figured that a good first impression would be more beneficial. She walked into the restaurant and stopped at the end of the bar.

The hazel-eyed girl glanced around the room nervously in hopes that she would find someone that was searching around the room frantically for someone. Jisoo's nerves prevented her from seeing straight and she ended up deciding to call for outside help. She pulled her device out of her purse and cleared her throat. "How will I know who she is?"

She glanced up at the restaurant before looking back down at her device. Jisoo had to bite her lip to stop herself from gasping. Her date was gorgeous. The beauty had wavy brown hair that cascaded over her shoulders and warm, brown eyes. She too was biting her lip and glancing around the restaurant, no doubt looking for her. She wasn't sure that she could even be on the same level as this bombshell.