Damn The System - III

And finally, after one agonizing year of arguing and Jennie's attempts to fix things, the timer was nearly done.

Roseanne and Jennie stood on opposite ends of the house and waited for the time to run out.

The clock hit zero and Jennie turned to say goodbye. "Well-"

"Don't," Roseanne cut her off and marched to her golf cart. Jennie shrugged and got in.

As the golf cart pulled away, Jennie pulled out her AI device. "Well, I learned what it's like to live with someone I can't stand, and who can't stand me, so is that useful for the system?"

"Everything happens for a reason."

Jennie used to think that was the case. She wasn't so sure anymore.

-

Meanwhile, the nine months had ended for Jisoo at last too. When Lisa and Jisoo parted ways, they hugged.

"It's a shame it has to end. I liked you a lot, Jisoo," Lisa told her.

"But it has to, that's how the system worked," Jisoo replied.

She liked Lisa, but Lisa wasn't the one for her in any way. She felt like a weight was lifted off her shoulders when they got in their respective carts.

And just like before, Jisoo got a new notification from the system.

She sighed annoyedly. It was time to go on yet another boring date. Jisoo got ready and went back to that same damn restaurant.

There was a girl with beautiful brown eyes and a soft smile waiting for her. Jisoo found her refreshing. She wasn't as intense as Lisa, and seemed way more down to Earth. Her name was Irene, and she was very kind and gentle. Luck was on Jisoo's side that day because they only had thirty-six hours together.

Both of them had a nice time. It was simple, relaxing, with no expectations or strings attached. Jisoo wondered if in another life Irene and her would be friends. They parted ways with a hug and a wide smile.

The cycle continued with yet another thirty-six hour fling.

"I'm Jisoo," Jisoo greeted, sticking her hand out to the brunette sitting in the booth.

She smirked and kissed Jisoo's hand. "I'm whoever you want me to be," she purred. Her name turned out to be Sohee and she was so fucking charming. So many words and phrases that came out of her mouth left her breathless and blushing. The sex was amazing. Sohee was able to provoke feelings and sounds from her that she never thought she was capable of having. Jisoo too saw Sohee as a person she could be friends with another life.

"Take care of yourself, Jisoo," Sohee said with a knowing smile as they stood out in front of the house. "Things will work out for you. I'm sure of it."

"Can I borrow that confidence of yours, pretty lady?" Jisoo quipped.

Sohee chuckled quietly and cupped her cheeks. As the timer ran out, Sohee kissed her and left her breathless like the night before.

Jisoo hoped Sohee was right.

The next three months were the same, filled with tons of meaningless flings. Jisoo couldn't even remember the names of all of them. Soojoo, Haein, Taehyung, Min-si, Bona, Bohyun, Jihyo, and so many names that made her feel like she was a slut. She criticized the system for assuming she was a prude, was this her punishment?

Yet here she was on another date probably with another person for thirty-six hours for sex only. It was all the same.

Meet someone new, check the time, eat, go back to the house, fuck, say goodbye, repeat; she wanted it to end.