The easiest thing I did today was drink my juice at lunch and even that I failed to do. But here I was, standing in front of a mirror in my room. I wore my Slytherin robes as usual, but decided to do something different with my hair. I pulled it all up into a slicked back ponytail, causing my cheek bones to look more defined. I dabbed a little bit of blush on my cheeks, and rubbed a sweet honey balm onto my lips. My lashes were already dark, so nothing else was needed for that part. 

 After I finished, I stood there staring at myself in disbelief. What was I doing? Was I a complete fool for attending this so called date? 

 I shook my head and whispered to myself, "Of course you're a fool."

 I walked away from the mirror and towards the door, but not leaving before taking a final glance back at the mirror. I still ran things over in my head continuously about last night. Was I only tired, or did I truly see those words? Maybe I missed him more than I cared to admit out loud.

 I wondered if he had truly missed me as well. But I knew it was wishful thinking, and he most likely still felt as if I betrayed him. I knew I did, I was supposed to be right where he was right now but here I was going on a date with someone in a different house.

 I twisted back toward the doorway and left the room. Ominis wasn't here to keep me company, so only my thoughts could, well them and the shadow that crept behind me.

𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛,

 The library's atmosphere was like a warm hug on a winters eve. Candles were lit everywhere, surprising considering the amount of irreplaceable books but who was I to complain? 

 Only a few students were still here, which made this study date even more intimidating. Miles sat alone in the back corner of the library, toward the Restricted area. The candlelight reflected against his sun kissed skin, creating somewhat of a glimmer effect. His think blonde eyelashes blinked slowly as he looked down at the book he read. I read the words on the front cover of it.

 "Do you play?"

 My words seemed to have jolted him from his deep session. He almost threw the book, but let out a nervous laugh and placed it down on the wooden surface in front of him. He gestured toward the seat on the other end of the table.

 "I don't, but I know you plan to." He said it as if he knew out right.

 I took the seat across from him, "You seem to know all of my secrets."

 His lips pulled into a smirk, and he leaned on the table with one elbow. "Not all of them."

 He chuckled again, and continued speaking. "Honestly, I saw you speaking with Poppy Sweeting and... Ominis Gaunt about it yesterday in the Courtyard."

 Someone was nosey. But I didn't mention that aloud.

 "You seem very interested, anything you'd like to know? Oh, I like to snack in the middle of the night. I tend to have quite the sweet tooth, or did you already know that?"

 I raised a brow, smirking playfully.

 He lowered his eyes, looking up through those gorgeous lashes of his. "I tend to be very sweet when I want to be, do you have an interest in me, Xyla?"

 He was baiting me, but in a playful way. But his mannerisms changed quickly, and he leaned back from the table. He sat back into the seat he was in, and glanced through the window to the side of us.

 "I only jest, Xyla. But I do want you to know, I have taken an interest in you. You seem.. very aware of who you are and who you want to be surrounded by. I respect that, I suppose I don't know well enough about who to have as close friends."

 It was my turn to press. "You seem to have many friends, Miles. Plenty of students surround you, and your sister is always near."

 He let out a heavy breath and chuckled once more, "Just because I have people who want my attention, doesn't mean they're my friends. And my sister, she only has one friend here so far. I think his name is.. Albus Dumbledore, if I remember correctly. But I am surrounded by those who only want to know me because of my family name, nothing else."

 I nod and process his words.

 He turns away from the window and glances back at me, "Well, shall we begin to study?"

 Another nod, and we went to search for the specific books our class asked for.

𝙰𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛,

 I glanced up from the potions book I read and caught Miles staring again. This time, he kept his eyes glued to mine. The times before he'd pull them away and act as if he were reading again. It was very obvious what he was doing, but I'd let him believe I noticed absolutely nothing. Ignorance is bliss after all. 

 A moment when by and his lips moved to speak, "Xyla, I-"

 The librarian peaked around the corner, "We're closed, time to get to bed, lovelies."

 We both stared at the librarian as she gracefully walked away, and then peaked back at one another.

 "I suppose we should go now." I told him as I stood from the leather seat.

 Peeves flew past our heads and about gave me a near heart attack. "Gooooo." He bellowed out as he flew by.

 I heaved out a heavy breath, "Peeves!" 

 Miles let out a light laugh, placing his hand over his mouth to muffle it. He threw his head to the side in a motion, basically telling me to follow him. As I stood up and followed after him, I glanced back toward the Restricted area. For a mere second, I could've sworn I seen a flashback of Sebastian and I creeping toward it, breaking rules as we usually did.

 Miles whispered, "Are you coming?"

 I glanced over to him and looked at his hand that he stretched outward for me to take. I peaked back towards the Restricted area was more, and then looked at him.

 "Let's go." I then placed my hand in his.