𝙰 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛,

Miles wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and leaned in closely. We sat together in the courtyard while the snow fell around us, melting as it hit the ground. The Yule ball soon approached, with only another week till it began. Miles and I had spent anytime we could together, including class and study time. We were inseparable. He was the only person I had to comfort me now that Ominis had abandoned our friendship. Ominis had been studying with Poppy since the day I left the nurses wing. I'd heard rumors around the school about his sight not returning since then. Every now and again in class, he would gaze in my direction. Though he couldn't see me anymore, I still felt the heat from his eyes. His wand could still show him the direction I sat in. We were no longer partnered in potions class. He was with Poppy of course, and I with Imelda Reyes. Since the day he lost his sight, he's not murmured one word to me.

Miles whispered by my ear, "You alright?"

I lightly smiled, leaning into him further. "Yes."

"Have you found your dress for the ball yet?" He glanced down at me.

I smirked, "I have. But I'm not spoiling anything, just so you know."

He raised a brow, playfully taunting me. "I could sneak into your dorm and find it, you know?"

I affectionally swiped at him. "You're not Slytherin, how do you plan to do that?"

He shrugged, still smirking. "I have my ways."

I stood from the stone seating. "Oh, what mystery."

We shared a laugh.

It was time for lunch, so we both made our way to the dining hall. But because we were from different houses, we had to sit away from one another. Miles absolutely despised it, not only did he vocally mention it, but he also would glower while at Ravenclaw's table the entirety of the time.

I sat with Imelda and Grace. Grace was actually very sweet, and not in anyway like Imelda. The only thing I appreciated from Imelda was her honesty, though she came off very rude normally. Right now, Imelda complained still about not being in Quidditch this year. I was close to blurting out that it was her fault, but I held back. She cheated, what did she expect? Grace was being too nice, and continued to comfort her by agreeing with everything she said. I slowly receded into myself, ignoring the conversation. This was the only time Poppy and Ominis weren't together. I searched the table with curious eyes, trying my best to find him in the crowded table of Slytherin students. As I searched, an owl flew into the building, dropping a letter onto the table in front of me. I caught it as fast as I could before one of the younger students next to me decided to grab it. Imelda and Grace saw the letter arrive, but went back to speaking to each other instead of asking about it. I held the letter under the table, hiding it from prying eyes the best I could. It was a letter from Anne Sallow.

Xyla,

I'd hoped the next time I wrote to you, it would be about positive events. But sadly, this is not the case. I now write to you with dire news. Sebastian has escaped Azkaban. I've only just learned this myself, but I sought to write to you as soon as I was able. Please, return a letter back as soon as you receive this. I would like to know you're alright.

Anne Sallow

I whispered, "Incendio" as the letter dropped from my hand. It caught fire quickly and disappeared from sight. Swiftly, I stood from the table and walked toward the exit of the dining hall. The doors were wide open, and when I turned the corner outside of the doorway, I ran chest to chest into someone. I could barely keep tears back as I murmured out an apology.

"It seems you received a letter as well?"

I gazed upward at the voice I knew all too well. "Ominis."

There he stood. His robes covered most of his suit, but I could tell he was dressed exceptionally well. His usual cloudy grey eyes gazed into my dark orbs. How odd.

"He escaped?"

Ominis nodded his head, hanging it low. "Seems that way. I trust it because it came directly from Anne, anyone else and I would've denied it."

I couldn't tell if that was a shot toward me or not, I ignored it for now.

"What do we do?"

His brows scrunched together, "We live on as we have been. I will assume our professors and the headmaster already know this information. They will safeguard the castle. I don't see us having much to worry about."

The anxiety of Sebastian being out in the world haunted me. He must've escaped Azkaban for the solid reason of seeking revenge against us for turning him in. What if... No, that's impossible. Ominis must've sensed my demeanor change. He placed a gentle hand on my arm.

"What is it?"

"I'm going to seem absolutely bonkers when I say this, but I think someone was watching me weeks back."

His eyes widened, "What? Why didn't you say something?"

"I thought I was just exhausted, I wasn't sleeping well."

We were talking now like we had never let our friendship fall apart. I missed it, I missed him.

He grit his teeth, and spoke again. "You're telling me, you think Sebastian is here? In the castle?"

I didn't want to believe it, but from the prefects bathroom incident to the time I felt someone sit next to me in the dining hall and no one was there.. the facts were too real to ignore.

"Yes."

An arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me gently into the person it was attached to.

Miles taunted. "Finally decided to make up?" I knew he spoke directly to Ominis, and my eyes rolled back into my head at the annoyance of it.