Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spJWzGL7JPE&list=RDspJWzGL7JPE&start_radio=1

Miles peeked through The Great Hall's entrance and looked both ways before glancing back at me. "It's clear."

I did not know what he had in store, but I was already here. I nodded and followed him into the vacant room. No candles above us were lit, and the room's only light was the bright moon shining in from outside. Each table, usually filled with many students, was all empty and was vacant of any food. My eyes slid over to Miles, who stood in the center of the room between the tables. He wasn't searching the area, his sight only latched onto me as if he already knew what he wanted to find. My hands clasped together nervously as I watched him from afar. His blue eyes glowed from the moonlight's gleam against them. He placed a hand in the air, letting it hover.

"Shall we dance, or is that too much to ask?" He patiently waited, but a playful smirk plagued his lips.

I still didn't know why he was so infatuated with me. We never spoke in all the years we went to class together, but who was I to turn down a gentleman?

"I don't see why not." I placed my shaky hand on his soft one. Though I was giving consent to dancing with him, my nerves were on fire. I'd hoped my hand wasn't too sweaty when touching his.

He then pulled me into him, our chest lightly bumping together. One of his arms made its way around my waist, and the other held my hand in the air. We began to casually sway back and forth slowly. I didn't know him as far as I could throw him, but in this moment, he felt all too familiar to me. I glanced up and caught him staring already.

"You remind me of someone."

He raised a brow as we continued to sway in sync, "I do?"

"Yes." But I'd dare not mention his name.

He seemed to notice my deflection of continuing the conversation, and he pulled our outstretched hands inward so that we were closer than before. His light breath then dusted my cheek, sending chills down my spine. We continued caressing each other as we danced and for a moment, just a moment, the world fell away.

The power I absorbed from Isidora Morganach always created a sort of pressure in my chest. It burdened me, and sometimes I felt like my heart would tear in two. In moments like these, I could be as happy as the luckiest girl in the universe and still feel empty. This power I harnessed sensed pain, even now. And I'd wondered while I swayed here with Miles... What caused him such pain? I felt it, and it sent an ache through my veins, like ice.

Before I could pierce his mind, his hands dropped from mine, and he took a step back.

"We should leave. I don't think you need anymore trouble looming over you."

With that, he turned away and left The Great Hall.

Was I wrong to think there was the smallest possibility that he was using me? Was there something he wanted? I believe I was only being paranoid, at least I'd hoped I was.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐,

We had no classes today, so Poppy and I went to Hogsmeade to shop a bit. She begged me to because Quidditch was planned to start back once we returned to school in two days. Poppy wanted me to find a good luck charm. She knew my mind was troubled, and that I thought I wouldn't do too good this year, and honestly, I was a tad bit nervous about my first Quidditch game. So, here we were searching through each tiny shop to find me something to latch onto when I would become anxious.

We entered Dervish and Barges, the store that apparently had every knick knack a wizard or witch could think of. Poppy urged me into the pendant section as she explained it was a small enough item to have on me while I played, and at least it would stay attached. There were so many lovely items, but none so far that matched what I needed it to. However, I continued to search and finally found a pendant that was shaped like a snake. It fit considering the house I was in, but I had another reason for choosing it as well.

"Did you find one? You need to make sure you love it!" Poppy exclaimed.

I jumped at the sound of her voice, sliding my eyes from the item over to her. "I think so."

She smiled. "Okay, meet me over at the register. I have to buy this scarf, it's in my favorite color!"

Poppy skipped to the front counter with her bright orange scarf. I wished I could talk her out of it, but I knew that wasn't in the cards today. I picked up the snake shaped pendant and glanced up from the table it was on. My eyes fell on Ominis Gaunt, who stood outside of the window. His eyes were trained on me...

Odd considering he couldn't see a thing. But there he was, his grey eyes not moving an inch but facing this direction. I blinked as my eyes became dry from watching him in return.

He was gone.

"I have to be losing my marbles." I said as I walked over to where Poppy was.

𝙼𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛,

Poppy and I walked out of the store and headed toward Honeydukes to get some sweets. Anytime we came here, I couldn't leave without snacks. The rain pelted down onto my emerald green dress and I realized I should've worn something entirely different today, should've even added a cardigan to cover up with.

"You two breaking rules?" Miles jogged over to us.

Poppy shook her head, "Of course not."

A laugh broke free from my mouth. "Well, she's not."

He smirked, "I knew better-"

"Xyla."

I glanced behind to where the voice came from. "Ominis."