Chapter 43- Bedhead

"Where would you young folks like to go for lunch?" My father asks, climbing into the driver seat. The left side. The normal side for me.

"Some where that is in the U.S only." I quickly say. While I'm here, I want to do home stuff. It's probably going to make me miss home that much more as soon as I go back, but at least I'll be happier. The familiar sites of home fly by as the car zooms down the high way. Snow. More snow. And a crap load more snow than in Britain.

"I know exactly what you're thinking," Stephanie says, leaning over and whispering in my ear. "And I agree. So much snow!" I just smile at her and plaster my face against the window. The already gigantic smile on my face grew even bigger as it continued relentlessly snowing. There is nothing in the world that can be compared to snow

"Is it going to keep snowing?" Liam asks, his voice traveling towards Steph and I from his position in the back seat.

"Um yeah." I tell, answering his question as if I had just told him the most obvious thing in the world. He just chuckles and I turn my head enough to get a good look at his face. He was smiling at me. "It's going to continue snowing." I say to him with a smile, then I go back to looking out my window. Though I should have known that being in the car with my dad would be anything but silent.

The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed

But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell

You don't know o-oh! You don't know you're beautiful!

The familiar words blasted through the radio as my dad started rocking out.

"THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL!" He sings in a nonexistent and extremely out of tune key. He started nodding his head to music and dancing in his seat. He turned the steering wheel right, then left. He was dancing with the car. It took everything in me not to groan. I don't have a problem with my dad and his singing or dancing. I'm not embarrassed either. It's just a little strange that he's dancing to their song.

"YEAH WHEN YOU SMILE AT THE GROUND IT AIN'T HARD TO TELL," Stephanie and my mother pick up and join my father in his lovely rendition of the song. Now that I think of it, I don't think I ever told him that I was dating someone famous. Whoops. It's ironic how something like that can slip your mind. Especially when his fame status means nothing to me. Except for the free food that his fame status brings. That means a lot to me. "YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!" Their voices meld together in an out of tune chorus. My dad is a HUGE One Direction fan. Incase you didn't pick that up. It takes about another 0.2 seconds for me to decide that I don't want to be left out of the singing fun. So I join in. Liam and Harry didn't seem to have a problem with the remix version of their song, because they joined in.

The final note of the song sounded and Harry's voice rang loud and clear through the car. So did everyone's else's, but his stood out. Why? Because it sounded like we were having a live concert of that line. My dad turned the radio down as his eyes suspiciously met Harry's in the rear view mirror.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" He asks, his gaze narrowing a little as he tries to remember where from. I turn my head so I have a clear view of the curly haired lad. He clears his throat and speaks up to answer my fathers questions.

"I'm him." Him? Him?! Is that the best explanation he can come up with? I just roll my eyes at Harry and shake my head. Geez kid. I smile at Liam then fully turn around.

"And I know you from somewhere too..." My dad says, turning his suspicion onto Liam instead. Oh great. This is the moment in time when the truth comes tumbling out and I get screwed over. It's not like I lied. I just...left out some details. More like forgot, but dad and mom aren't going to see it that way.