Chapter 12-One of Those Days

Mia's Pov (for now on if it doesn't say who's POV assume its Mia's)

It was a long shift, and I was so glad when it was over. Stumbling into the dark apartment I collapse on the floor and pry off my heels. Crawling on the carpet I reach the bedroom door and stand up. Leaning against the closed door I close my eyes and rest.

"Hey." The soft whisper causes me to open my eyes and focus on the slouched form on the couch. Squinting in the dark I try to see who's here. Not to mention the fact that I'm thisclose to falling over from exhaustion. "It's Liam." I take a step forward so I can see better. There on the couch, is Liam. At 11:30 PM.

"What are you doing here?" I say wearily as I flop down next to him on the couch. Liam opens his mouth to say something but before the words get out the apartment door slams open.

"FREEZE!" The guy blended right in with the dark, his skin, his clothes, everything. He has a relatively large gun that he's pointing at us. The guy starts heading towards us. I look at Liam and see that he's already looking at me.

"Don't hurt her, please." His body is completely obscuring mine. "I'm begging you." Liam steps towards the guy. His guns clicks as he gets ready to pull the trigger.

"Don't. Move." He growls, taking a single step closer. He's almost completely in front of Liam with gun pressed full on against his chest.

"NOOO!" I scream, sitting up and shoving Liam to the side, the gun fires. I can see the bullet fly, it's small copper form hurling in my general direction. At the last second it swerves around me and misses. Going straight through the wall. My relief is short lived as I realize that they guy still has more bullets. Averting my gaze from the hole in the wall I turn around, ready to put my karate knowledge to use.

It wasn't even a fair fight.

I kicked his ass.

I don't know who called the Police, but they showed up and hauled him away. They weren't too concerned about the situation. After all, it happens all the time around here. As soon the door closes and the last cop leaves I fall into Liam's chest and hug him tightly.

"You can't live here. Please let me get you that apartment. I won't be able to sleep at night if I know that you're living here." Maybe because it was 12:30 in the morning, or because some physco with a gun had just broken into my apartment and almost killed Liam. It might have been the fact that I was so tired and totally prepared to never wake up. But either way I just nodded my head and promised Liam that we would move.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Lifting up my pillow I put my head under it and try to block out the annoying sound of my alarm clock. As the fake feathers do nothing to muffle out the annoying beeping sound I get up and push the snooze button. My eyes widen as I look at the time. I'm so going to be late if I don't hurry.

Grabbing a pair of black leggings and shoving my legs through them and throwing on a white tank top with a loose dark gray sweatshirt over it. I grab a random scarf (that happened to me cheetah print) and quickly throw on some cowboy boots. Dashing out of the apartment I make it down the steps in record time and magically make it to school in one piece.

"Aren't you Liam Payne's girlfriend?" A girl slightly taller than me with 5 tons of make-up and obvious breast implants asks.

"Uh, yeah." I send the girl a quizzical look as I quicken my pace. Hoping to make it back to my little red car before she starts asking questions.

"Could you like, set me up with Neil?" Stopping in my tracks I turn to stare at the bleached blond, jeez, all those chemicals have gone to her head.