Chapter 28- Hangover

A blinding morning light seared through my eyelids. Groaning, I flip over and shove my face in the pillow. A dull thud starts in the back of my brain and slowly progresses further, it's force increasing as I become more and more awake. It felt as though some one had taken a jack hammer and was pounding my brain as hard as they could, it really hurt. I cautiously open my eyes again, white light burns my retina, causing me to, once again, slam my eyelids back down. I clutch my head in agony and try to push back the tears.

"Here, have some Advil." Someone says, but the only thing I register is the pain. Oh, the pain. Just four words and they thudded through my brain. Echoing off every angle of my skull and bouncing around inside, getting louder and louder.

"You should really shut up." I grumble, wincing at how loud I sound. The person just laughs, causing me to reach out and smack them.

"Look, if you wanna feel the pain of a hangover, go ahead." Oh great, a hangover. I groggily reopen my eyes and this time I'm a little more prepared for the morning sunshine. An amused Eleanor is standing over me holding a glass of water and some pills. I quickly sit up then whimper and fall back against the sheets. That really hurt. I try to sit up again, a little more slowly this time. I carefully lean against the headboard and stare at El. She hands me the water and medicine, both of which I quickly down.

"Thanks." Putting the cup back on the table, I reluctantly climb out of bed. As soon as my foot touches the carpet, another burst of pain shoots up threw my foot and sends my brain nerves into a frenzy. I mentally count to ten before taking another step, I take in a short breath then step again. Eventually I make it to the bathroom. Turning on the shower I step in and try to let the warm water erase the pain.

"Alright, you might as well tell me what happened last night, because I remember nothing." I plop onto the bed and stare at Eleanor, the only other person in the room. The pain had dulled a considerable amount, and I was now feeling much more refreshed. She chuckles and starts to explain. Lets just say that by the time she was done reenacting , I was slightly mortified.

"So I'm pretty much a funny/dumb drunk, who can't hold her liqueur, and isn't going to remember it in the morning?!" Dang...I almost wish I remembered it all, then I realize that if I remembered it I'd probably be even more embarrassed.

"Ahh...but you're forgetting the illegal part, you were illegally drunk when all this occurred." I groan out loud and smash my head in to the pillow. "So basically you're never going to live this down." El sums up, shrugging her shoulders and smiling at me. I decide a quick subject change is the best way to avoid getting made fun of right now.

"Where is everyone else?" I ask, slightly confused as to why we were the only ones in the room.

"They went for breakfast in the restaurant area, I offered to stay with here with you till you woke up and then take you down."

"I'M BEGGING YOU!" I plead, leaping off the bed I get down on my knees and hold my hands out towards a standing Eleanor. "YOU CAN'T MAKE ME FACE THEM!"

"Stephanie did." Is her only reply.

"YEAH! And she probably wants to commit suicide about right now!" El's seriously not going to make me do this! Especially not in public!

"I suggest you put some clothes on." NOOOOOOOO! I glare at Eleanor as I walk to my suitcase. I slip on some bootcut jeans and weave a thick brown belt through the top loops. I pull a quarter sleeve white polo dress shirt on, and then I start madly searching for the navy blue and cream striped pullover I want to wear over it. TA-DA! Locating it, I yank it on and then shove my feet into some socks and then short cowboy boots. I count to three then quickly run a brush through the semi-wet tangles of my hair.