Chapter 22- I will tell a lie

Zayn's POV.

"Do you guys want to come up and say hi to the other girls?" Mia curiously asked, edging towards the direction of their room.

"Uh...no. We're good!"

"Maybe later?"

"Nope." Were some of the varied responses the other lads and I spewed. I've got a feeling the we're all saying no for the same reason. We didn't know what state of clothing (or lack of) the girls would be in. Lets just say its hard to go to sleep after a cold shower. Either way, I know we were all wiped, lacking a serious amount of energy, and ready for sleep.

"I thought guys were horny..." Mia mumbled, not thinking we heard.

"We are," Niall says, startling her when she realizes we heard. "It's just so late, and besides, I don't think I can handle seeing three gorgeous girls naked." His Irish accent making it all the more statement to hear. Mia just rolled her eyes and smacked Niall in the chest. His Irish laugh made everyone sleepily smile.

"Alright, kiddo." Mia says to Niall, then walking towards Liam she gives him one last square peck on the lips, then turns on her heel and heads down the hall towards room number 29. A cloud of dust and dirt followed behind her, evidence of her early morning adventure with the pickpocket. You could also tell by the way she was walking that she was seconds away from collapsing on her feet. We all stared after her a while before turning away. It should have been Liam that turned away last, but it was me. I was to busy thinking about the secret. Even though I don't like her like that anymore and I know she doesn't like me like that either, still. Perrie and I don't keep secrets, yet this is something I'm holding back from her. I know she hasn't told Liam or he would have talked to me. It wouldn't have been a macho and threatening kind of talk, just calm and comforting. Like Liam. I feel bad holding it back from him, each of the guys play such an important part of my world. Liam's like the ground, Harry's my rock, Louis' the sun, and Niall's the moon. I can't lie to these guys...so, I'll do it tonight. My silent resolve made me feel slightly better about the whole situation, I still felt like I should- no, she'd convince me that it's a bad idea. There's so much more to that girl. I keep trying to convince myself that she's matured and that's she broke some of the bad habits she had two years ago.

*Flashback*

I was in a rush, throwing random food into the grocery cart and hoping it wasn't anything to weird. Even if it was, Niall would eat it. Pickles? Sureeee, those taste good in salad. What kind of milk did Liam tell me to get? Eh, whatever. Shredded cheese or slices? Mozzarella or cheddar? Is there even a difference? Just kidding...I'll get...BOTH! I'll pick up some ice cream too, do I want chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry? All three? Maybe-

"Well, excuse you." A sarcastic and familiar voice said. Glancing up I saw a very angry looking Mia, staring at me. Lets just say I was slightly startled. I'd given her my number two days ago and I still hadn't gotten a call.

"Hey!" I said. It's suffice to say I was surprised. I turned on the charm and flashed the pretty redhead a charming smile. The corners of her lips never turned up in a response smile, she just stared at me. Her piercing brown eyes felt like they were burning holes in my soul. "How's it going?" I cautiously asked.

"Do I know you?" She curiously asked, her previous anger quickly dissipating.

"Uh yeah, I'm Zayn. Remember?" Does she honestly meet that many guys that she can't remember the names of them all? If that's the case....never mind.

"No, I don't remember you. I've never seen you before in my life." It was convincing enough act and lie. I didn't buy it though. Why? Because I can keenly remember the girl that's been on my mind since I first met her. Mia was her. So why's she lying?