Chapter 44- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

*Dear friend of mine who has been bugging me all week with pictures of tumblr guys. I'd just like to quickly say, HAHAHA!*

"MIA! GET YOUR LAZY BUTT UP AND COME DOWNSTAIRS AND HELP!" My mothers loud voice echoes through the house as I cringe. I was currently snuggled up next to Liam watching the Avengers, but that was soon to change because darling mom, was in need of my assistance. I groan and extract myself from Liam's embrace. I kiss his forehead and then not very eagerly leave the room. Like my mother needs my help with anything THAT important.

"Yes mother?" I grumpily ask, wandering into the living room to find her dusting. She glances up at me and puts her cleaning supplies down on the table. Hands on hips glaring, she then proceeds to speak.

"Don't talk to me like that young lady. You may be all grown up in your eyes but I'm still your mother and you will always be my baby." She spoke it as though it were a command that I should be readily agreeing to. I choose not to say anything and instead wallow in the silence and pain of not being with Liam. "I need you to run to the store and get a few things for me." She says, reaching into her pocket she extracts a list and hands it to me.

"Can Liam come?" I ask her while looking over the list and trying to decide if it consisted of anything important. It was mostly food. My mom probably replied, but I didn't hear her. I was already turning around and walking up the steps to find Liam. It's not like he was going to turn down the offer to come with me. After all, what else was he going to do? Steph and Harry haven't been here since the first night, they've been camping (well...not really, it is after all, December) out for the past few nights at her parents house. I've officially been here four days and I already want to ring my parents neck and never want to leave at the same time. Sometimes it takes being away from something for a very long time for you to realize exactly how much you need it and miss it.

I walk back into my bedroom and drop next to Liam on the bed. He looks up long enough to smile at me then his gaze gets diverted back to my computer screen which was still playing the movie. He didn't even have the curtesy to stop it for me!

"Hey Li-Li, I have to run some errands for mom, wanna come?" I ask him, resting my head on his shoulder I focus my eyes on the screen. Robert Downey Jr. is hilarious and an absolutely brilliant actor.

"Yeah sure." Neither of us makes a move to leave. Our gazes just remain fixated on the screen. I guess that's what happens when you get two superhero addicts, put them together, and give them a superhero movie. Although I suppose there could be worse outcomes. Like Liam and I could be drug addicts. That is definitely a worse scenario.

"MIA AND LIAM! GET MOVING!" My mother had quickly fallen into the grove of instructing Liam as though he was her own child. I pitied him at times, then I remembered that she wasn't focusing on just me, I could get away with a lot more stuff. Like not shutting lights off. Ah, the bliss of no longer being an only child. Sort of. I wouldn't want Liam as brother. I love him to much as my boyfriend.

Liam and I exchange looks then stop the movie. I guess we have to leave. Mother obviously wants us to go get that food now. We plod down the steps, through the kitchen, and into the mud room. I grab a pair of my boots and slip them on my feet. I grab a windbreaker,

And tug that on over my sweatshirt. I start to opens the door but Liam beats me to it and yanks it open for me. I kindly thank him and walk out into the cold December outdoors. The biting wind stings my cheeks as I make the 20ft hike to the garage. I open the door and slip inside. I breathe out a sigh of relief. I'm now sheltered from the wind. Liam walks in right behind me and closes the door. He rushes over to the right side of the car and holds the door open.

"Are you driving?" I ask him, confused as to why he was holding open the passenger side. His face contorts in puzzlement. "We drive on the left side...." I slowly tell him, as though I was bringing up the prospect of some brand new foreign idea he had never heard before. Liam blushes bright red and quickly closes the door. He leaps to the other side and holds open the correct door for me. I smile at him and curtsy, just because I can. His face gets impossibly brighter and that only causes me to laugh even more. I cheekily pat his face and thank him, then continuing to climb into the car. The engine ignites just as he closes the door on the other side. I open the garage door and start to back the car out.