Chapter 6 Part 3: D.J.'s Backstory

A purple gas filled the room. As we all cover our mouth. We all began fainting before I yell out "You won't get away with this!" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                            December 31st, 2061        

               I woke up in my white sheet bed, as the moon shines through. I sit up in my bed as I look around the dark room. I jump out of bed in my pjs as I walk out of my room. I then walk the halls as the moon lights my path. As I continue walking I come across a door and open it. Inside were kids who were a little older than me, both have dreads. I walk over to their bed and shake the one closer to me.

"A.J., A.J.," I shake the kid closer to the door. 

A.J. wakes up as his green eyes shut and open as he was waking up, "Hey D.J., what's up?" he asks.

"Can I sleep here with you and T.J., I can't sleep," I said as I looked down at my feet.

"Of course man," he answered holding back a yawn and fighting sleep, "T.J. and I always got your back."

I smiled as I went in between A.J. and T.J. and snuggled between them.

          The sun rose over the mountains' as the sun lights up the room as we see three boys in the bed.

          I started shifting in bed as my eyes open being blinded by the sun shining through the window. I then rub my eyes as I sit up. I look to my right and left to see my two closest friends, A.J. Kingston and T.J. Kingston. They are both twins that I've grown close too in this camp. As I hop out the bed T.J. starts making noise and slowly wakes up.

Yawning, "Hey, wassup D.J." he said after he sees me in front of their bed..

"Hey T.J.," I answered with a bright smile.

T.J. hopped out of bed and ruffled my hair as I chuckled. As he does, A.J. finally wakes up with a yawn and groan. T.J. then stopped ruffling my hair as the door open. A man with white hair and red glasses enters the room.

With a deep voice he says, "You 3 let's go." As he leaves an assault rifle on his back is shown. A.J. follows him as T.J. pats my shoulder and follows his twin, I follow both of them. As we walk we enter a room with 3 different color tubes. On the right it was a green liquid, on the left it was a blue liquid, and in the middle it was a mix of black and white liquid. As I look at them the man began walking towards us as A.J. and T.J. then instinctively stood in front of me, shielding me from this older man. He then stops as he sighs and shakes his head. Then before anything else happens he pulls out a pistol and shoots all three off us with these darts. 

We all fall down, before my eyes close though I hear him say, "You 3 should be perfect for this experiment."

          I began to wake, a breathing mask on my face as my vision is blurred half white and half black as I see the figure of the man who put me here.

He then says with some chipperness in his deep voice, "C'mon you shall be the perfect fighter."

As he says this he then looks at the two twins next to me, "And with them by your side, nothing can stop y'all."

He then got a call as he grabbed his ringing phone, he looked at the caller ID before walking out. After he walks out, I look to my left and see T.J. still out cold in the blue tank, I then look to my other side and see A.J. out in the green tank. I start to panic a bit as my 2 close friends are still out and I don't know what is gonna happen to us. My breathe begins to shorten and quicken, as I lose consciousness again.

        As I begin to wake again, a muffled sound was going on and off, with a light going on and off as well. I look around and see T.J. and A.J. both moving. I begin to knock on the glass trying to get anyone's attention. As I keep banging I hear more and just assumed that A.J. and/or T.J. joined in. As we do, I begin to see smoke entering the room. I then back away from the glass. I can feel eyes on me, but I didn't care I keep my eyes on the smoke that begins to gather in front of a white long board. Then out of the smoke comes a man, with light caramel skin, A dark brown moustache with some grays sticking out, wearing a gray beanie, and a grey and black suit. I looked into his brown eyes as he stares back. He then looks down and begins touching some stuff before the liquid begins draining from the tank.

          The liquid finally clears as my skin touches the hard, cold steel, as the breathing mask falls from my face. I look up to see A.J. and T.J. both on the metal floor of their pod with the liquids out of the pod and their mask also off. I then try to fight myself to my feet, but fail. I then see a black smoke incase me I then close my eyes thinking this is the end as tears begin to leave my eyes. I then feel my butt hit the ground as I look to see that I'm out of the pod. I look to see A.J. and T.J. near me. I then hugged them as I thought I wouldn't see them again. I then look back to see the man walking to the door with to massive guns on his hips. 

Before he leaves though I call out to him, "Thank you sir for releasing us,"

He stops and looks back. I smile at him as he nods with a small smile back. He then walks out. 

        I then barley stand as I help A.J. and T.J. stand up and look to see that the end of their heads were different colors.

"A.J., why is your the end of your hair green?" I asked as T.J. begins to laugh at his twin, "T.J. why is your blue?" A.J. then began to laugh. T.J. quickly punched his arm before crossing his arm. I chuckled a bit before we heard the door open again. I look back to see the same man with a cart, I looked at him confused.

He then say's, "Let's get you out of hear and give you an actual childhood," My smile widened as I ran and hugged his leg. He then picks me up as I began laughing A.J. and T.J. walked over, before they could do anything, he engulfed them in a hug. 

"Thank you so much sir," A.J. said accepting his hug as T.J. hesitantly accepted it.

"Don't worry, and the name is Gabriel," He said.

"I'm D.J.," I said with excitement, "They are A.J. and T.J.." I said pointing at the blue and green head. Gabriel looks shock a bit before his face calmed down.

"Well, looks like I shall take care of you then," He said as I yelled out yay, ready to leave this place.

          They left, as the place that they called home, where they all met, but also felt pain of forced training and being forced to eat barley any food or food that was barley edible. They reached the door, I looked back to see the man with white hair and red glasses who put us into the pods at the entrance looking at us.

        A few years after we left, Me, T, and A are all chilling we all have gotten stronger, quicker, and smarter. Gabriel also started teaching us hand to hand combat and how to use different weapons. T.J. and A.J. both were good with knives and swords, while I was just good with any weapon. Though our bond was stronger than ever as we grew up and we trusted Gabriel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           I wake up, my mind spinning. As I look around I see the photo that me, A.J., and T.J. with Gabriel behind us when we first got here. I then exit my room to see Gabriel talking to A.J. and T.J.. They then realize that I was out as A.J. and T.J. both got Infront of Gabriel.

I just stared confused, before asking Gabriel, "Why are both A.J. and T.J. ready to fight me?" 

I then see A.J. and T.J. confuse as they look at Gabriel for answers as do I.

"Everything shall be explained," He said before hugging Chase.

I shrugged before T.J. and A.J. both hugged me I was suprised before I hugged them back.