VI

Nature was quiet, as the wind was traveling outside of the base. It was one of the most active days in a while as the vehicles were leaving the dried ground one after another, leaving nothing but dust in the air. Soldiers were walking in the heavy shoes just like the figures on the chees board. Despite the activity of the forces, the commanders were overlooking their units to make sure that the whole picture wouldn't be suspicious in the eyes of the outsiders.

A long night of no sleep brought the captain outside of the concrete walls into nature. The tall fence of the base was the only obstacle between the gaze of the blue concerned eyes and the outside world. And for a moment, a man could swear it felt as if his greatest enemy would show up from one of the rough hills of the mountains. There was nothing on Price's mind other than the mission. Except for the rare moments when his own hand was reminding John about pain, but for some reason, it did leave a sweet aftertaste on the tip of his tongue. The smoke of the cigar was reaching high into the air just to mix with the current of the cold wind a moment later. The world was suspiciously quiet, and the captain was waiting for the storm coming from any side he looked at.

"Getting fresh air in town, eh?" Price's fingers covered in bandage let the cigar fly on the ground as one of the most familiar faces appeared in the crowd of people.

"Just checking the waters. You'll never know what people can see," Kyle turned to the side where the captain's voice was coming from. Sitting and waiting was the hardest part of the mission for any man in the military, and if there was an opportunity to get the fresh air, or change the setting Garrick wanted to use it on the cold sunny winter day.

"Can you do me a favor?" The captain hesitated for a moment, but his face remained unchanged. The distance between the two became short enough for them not to shout anymore to the different sides of the base.

"Sure, sir," A man tried not to show the surprise on his face as the little piece of paper got from the deep pocket of the captain's cargo pants into the hands of Gaz. Brown eyes quickly read the messy handwriting, and not questioning the favor of Price for even a moment, the message was hidden in the west of a sergeant.

"Thanks, Gaz. Hopefully, you'll find this out there," John let a smile appear on his face just for a quick moment when another car let the dust travel in the side of the two.

Price watched the vehicle with another unit along with Gaz drive further and further away from the base, disappearing behind the green hills covered by grass. A part of him wondered how peaceful life was in surroundings of nothing but a quiet nature, while the other was focusing on the mission even in the quietest days of it. The cold wind kissed the skin of the man's body that was not hidden by the uniform as he disappeared back into the thick walls of the base. 

Rays of the sun were running along the tall pile of documents along the dusted desk in the medical office. An old door opened with the creaking of the tired wood as the weight of the brunette's hand pushed it open. The daily routine has just started for Amelia. A tired yawn entered the room before her foot even stood in it. Energized voices of the other medical personnel were heard in the corridor, as some of them had already started the day and taking care of the wounds left for another day. With the quiet days of cold weather, the days in the hospital unit were not as busy, as they were during the times of unknown to many missions. But, there was always something to do in any of the rooms. Documents, training, and meetings were held all around the unit to keep the medics occupied with the job they had chosen. A heavy jacket landed on the hanger as Knight finally kept the hair in the ponytail away from her face. For a moment, a woman wondered where the key from the office was when it wasn't in her hand. The sleepy gaze of her brown eyes tried to replicate the walk she did just a moment ago, to prove that the door of the office was unlocked since her last visit to the office. A woman tried to brush off all the thoughts coming into her head on the ball of tiredness that was becoming larger with each passing day and playing with her mind.

A mixture of flowers stood near the creamy white wall of the office, ready to get the warmth of the sun through the dirty glass of the window. A flower vase was one of the last things anyone could find at the military base in the middle of nowhere, but a tall glass was just as perfect for holding water to keep the blooms fresh. Curiosity along with the smile was written over the brunette's face. She couldn't help but look around the office twice, to see any hints on who or why placed the flowers on her desk. But just when Amelia was looking for a sign anywhere else, it was right in front of her nose hidden in the petals of fragile flowers. A little piece of paper with calm, straight handwriting was sitting on the top of the bouquet waiting for someone to reach for it, until she finally did. Brown eyes were running along the words, finally putting together the whole puzzle.

"Let yourself be taken care of by someone. P"