XXXI

The stiff underground air was moving with the speeding trains along the long tunnels. The steps of the men were echoing in the dark walls, as the team was getting deeper, ready to meet their greatest enemy in the darkness of the underground. The first Konni's who already had an opportunity to meet with 141 were already lying on the concrete floor, with the puddles of blood slowly turning into the oceans.

"Watcher, we're seeing dead civilians," The service rooms were just like the labyrinths, turning from one side to another. Price was realizing how bad the situation could be. The tunnel system was under the control of Konni, and lifeless bodies on the floor of the personnel were proof of that.

"They may be the first of many, Bravo, unless we stop Makarov," Laswell's voice echoed in the headset of the man, as his legs were taking him further into the tunnels.

The dim light of the garage was lightening up the room, separating the team from whatever was waiting for them on the other side. A loud, annoying beep signalizing about the door being open traveled from one corner of the room to another, as the sounds of the weapons being recharged mixed with the quiet chatter. Everyone in the garage room knew that Makarov could be on the other side of the door, waiting for them to push deeper into the tunnels just to make his second move. The figures of Konni along with the unheard chatter in russian opened to the team in front of their eyes, as the speed train passed through the tunnels. Bullets were flying out of the weapons to meet with their targets, just for them to fall down on the concrete fall moments later. Konni's were coming from every corner of the unknown side of the tunnel just like the rats who saw the light. Price was feeling the adrenaline in his veins. He was back to his war, and nothing in life felt better than pushing through the unknown tunnels surrounded by the bodies of the enemies.

"Gaz to Six," Kyle's voice sounded helpless just for a moment, but none of them were known to give up easily. The sounds of the bullets flying out of the weapons were heard through the com, letting the rest of the team know about the brutal fight that was still happening on the other side of the tunnel. "Konni's pressing hard! We're pinned down."

"Means Makarov is still here," Price was looking around at the dark walls for the dark Konni uniform of the soldiers who were still risking their lives, just to meet with the reaper in the SAS uniform.

The team was pushing deeper into the corridor. The trains were full of passengers who did not suspect anything that was happening around they were passing back and forth through the tunnels. Grenades were flying just like clouds through the sky, reaching their targets, while the heavy fight was becoming only tougher with each moment. None of the sides was planning on giving up, no matter what the circumstances could be. Price took a moment of silence to change the plate in the tactical waist, feeling the death itself in the air surrounding them in the dark tunnel. John's eyes were shining as if he were the happiest person on Earth, as the glance of his eyes fell on the construction that was a bomb in the middle of the tunnel.

"All Bravo, bomb located in crossover platform. I need cover here," The captain turned around, seeing the new wave of Konni coming from the side they just come from. Dozens of soldiers were surrounding them, determined to get back the little thing behind the captain's back. "Now."

"Rog, pushing your way," Gaz was the first to respond to Price. Finally, their own battle was closer to the end. Wounded soldiers who still wanted to push deeper into the tunnels, bodies of the enemies, and countless bullet shells were covering the concrete floor as 141 were determined to push until their mission was accomplished.

"Get to work, Soap," The last train passed by the tunnel, bringing the noise in the air from the fast-passing cars along the rails. The last body of the Konni that the team could see fell down onto the floor, bringing a temporary feeling of calmness into the air.