Chapter 11- The Fog

The city, once alive with lights and dreams, lay in ruins. Fire danced on skeletal buildings, and remnants of what was now stood in defiance against the void of abandonment. X and his companions walked through the desolation, searching for signs of life amidst the dust.

Their footsteps echoed through the eerie silence as they combed the city, hoping to find survivors or sustenance. Yet, all they encountered was the whispering wind and the echoes of a once-vibrant existence now reduced to ruin.

Eren, weakened but determined, led the group towards a gas station. His limp carried him to the desolate store, where their hopes for food were crushed—shelves barren, an echo of the city's emptiness. The harsh reality settled in; their city had been abandoned, its soul stolen, leaving nothing but remnants to decay in the shifting sands.

Three days passed, a relentless march of hunger and thirst. Finn, breaking the silence, voiced their dire need for sustenance. Max, consumed by despair, suggested surrendering to the inevitable demise. In the desolation, hope seemed a distant memory.

As their spirits dwindled, a distant scream cut through the silence. A figure emerged on the horizon, racing towards them. Hope flickered as the man introduced himself as Jason, bearing news of that there was a fog of radiation that came through the city and wiped everyone out, and that whoever breathed the radiation would die then disappear. Now the once-thriving city now stood as a graveyard, abandoned in the face of an impending catastrophe.

Three more agonizing days unfolded, the group scavenging the deserted city for signs of life. A knife and a chilling letter were their only finds, the ominous words spelling the demise of humanity. Max, grasping the knife, felt the urge to the need to kill himself because he was hungry and thirsty. He didn't want to live no more because of what had happened.

Max then held on to the knife with good grip, then he cut himself in his arm, he had stabbed himself in his arm. The group all looked at the sight of blood dripping from his arm, he then went to cut his arm again, but before he could, X tackled him so that he couldn't do it. But then Max got mad and pushed him off of himself. As Max pushed X off of him, he then grasped the knife and gripped it hard and then stabbed himself in the heart. His final words were "I'm sorry, but I don't want to live no more, my family's gone, I have no one to go back too, I'm sorry."

The groups stared at him, tears were in Finn's eyes. Finn had knew Max his whole life, and now Max was laying on the ground, with a knife through his heart, dead.

To be continued...