Chapter 12- City Turned Desert

Finn's tear-streaked face hovered over Max's lifeless form, grief hanging heavy in the air. Jason, driven by urgency, urged, "Let's get a move on; the fog could return, and we need to be ready!"

Finn, determined to honor his fallen friend, confronted Jason, saying, "We're not leaving him; we are burying him." Jason, pragmatic and focused on survival, insisted that time was of the essence. Unyielding, Finn signaled X to help him carry Max's lifeless body. Together, they gently lifted their fallen companion, and Finn cast a defiant glance toward the apathetic desert.

Ignoring Jason's protests, Finn and X placed Max in a shallow grave, carved by Eren and Jason in the unforgiving sand. The wind whispered a mournful melody as they covered Max's form, leaving only the echoes of sorrow behind.

Resuming their journey, the quartet trudged through the seemingly endless expanse of the desolate desert. Hours passed like a mirage of time, with no signs of life, water, or salvation in sight. The relentless sun beat down on them, casting long shadows in the shifting sands.

Eren, weakened by his injuries, couldn't keep pace with the harsh demands of the journey. The desert stretched out before them, an endless sea of emptiness. Eren, succumbing to exhaustion, declared a much-needed break, his leg throbbing in agony. Jason, unsympathetic to the plight of fatigue, denied respite, insisting, "We need to keep walking before we end up dead."

Eren, unable to continue, reached the limits of his endurance. Jason, practical yet unfeeling, hoisted Eren onto his shoulders, forcing the march to continue through the unforgiving sands.

To be continued...