Chapter 13- Home

After hours of traversing the arid desert, the group finally stumbled upon a vibrant oasis, a welcome respite from the endless sea of sand. Their new home revealed itself in hues of green, promising a sanctuary amidst the desolation.

As they approached, a deer grazed peacefully, unaware of their arrival. Finn, attempting a cautious approach, startled the creature, prompting a sudden burst of speed. But before it vanished into the wilderness, a gunshot echoed, and the deer fell lifeless to the ground. Confused, the group turned to find two individuals in military attire approaching. The shooter introduced himself as Jax, and his companion as Leo.

"Hey y'all, names Leonardo, but you can call me Leo," Leo greeted warmly. Jax, the shooter, added his own welcome. X, Eren, Finn, and Jason reciprocated with introductions, and Leo and Jax invited them to stay at their newfound home.

Guiding them through the camp, Leo and Jax showcased small cabins, hammocks suspended from trees, well-tended gardens, and more. As they explored, Jax rang a bell, summoning four others – Ben, Jake, Tiger, and Skyler – completing the ensemble.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, Jax and Leo took charge of preparing a feast. Leo ventured into the woods to retrieve the deer, while Jax skillfully cooked the gathered food. A delectable aroma filled the air, enticing hungry stomachs. Once the meal was ready, they all gathered around the bonfire to eat.

Under the starlit sky, conversations flowed, stories were shared, and laughter echoed around the warmth of the flames. With bellies full, the group retired to hammocks nestled within the camp, finding solace and newfound companionship in this unexpected haven.

To be continued...