Chapter 10- Ruins

"We're in a jungle," Max observed as he gently lowered Eren to the ground.

X, scanning the ominous sky, remarked, "If we want to survive and return home, we need to find shelter. Looks like a storm is coming."

Clouds gathered overhead, and rain cascaded from the sky. Seeking refuge, they hurriedly sought shelter under a massive tree. X, swift and resourceful, kindled a fire against the encroaching cold. Eren, weakened by his injuries, attempted to rise, but Finn's helping hand gently eased him back down. X, concerned, insisted, "Rest, Eren. We'll help you for now."

As rain drummed on the leaves above, the quartet settled beneath the tree. With the fire's glow casting dancing shadows, the jungle embraced them in its ancient secrets. The night unfolded, and one by one, they succumbed to the lull of sleep.

Morning arrived, painting the sky with hues of dawn. Eren, awakening to the rustle of leaves and the distant calls of unknown creatures, found X tending to the dwindling embers. A map in hand, X gathered the others, revealing their home's location.

"We need to get moving," X urged, tracing a path on the map that led to their city.

They rose from their makeshift campsite, Finn and Max assisting Eren onto a stretcher they had fashioned during the night. The journey resumed, footsteps weaving through the dense foliage as X guided them towards the city's hopeful embrace.

Hours passed, the jungle unveiling its enigmatic wonders, until the city's silhouette emerged on the horizon. Anticipation surged through them as they approached their destination, only to be met with a disheartening sight – their once-vibrant city lay in ruins.

To be continued...