Chapter 8- Stuck In Hell Part 3

"Me!" X exclaimed, defiance echoing through the air. The devilish creature approached, drawing forth a knife, threatening to sever the rope that held X aloft. "Why are you doing this?" X demanded, his voice tense with apprehension.

"Because you and your friend named Eren are the reason my son's dead! He was on the 4th floor when it happened!" the creature accused. X's face twisted in confusion, realization dawning on him – the bomb that almost took Eren's life.

X struggled to apologize, but all that escaped his lips was a feeble "sorry." The creature, fueled by grief and rage, was ready to cut the rope, seeking vengeance for the perceived wrongs. Desperation gripped X, and as the knife descended, he pleaded, "We didn't plant the bomb; it was already there when I got there. It wasn't us!"

"Lies," the creature spat, unwavering in his conviction. Knowing words wouldn't sway him, X looked to Finn and Max for support, then seized the opportunity to free himself. A swift kick disarmed the creature, sending the knife flying. With remarkable dexterity, X maneuvered to catch the knife with his mouth, deftly cutting himself free.

Hanging perilously from the rope, X climbed to safety. As he reached the summit, he saw the creature, fueled by rage, flying toward him. X sprinted down the cliff, leaped from a small hill, and charged toward Eren.

Eren's battered form came into view, a haunting testament to the horrors of hell. Determination eclipsed X's fear as he reached Eren, witnessing the grotesque injuries inflicted upon his friend. Anguish transformed into unbridled anger, propelling X forward.

The tormentor, unaware of X's resolve, turned to find a knife-wielding adversary. Towering at seven feet, the creature charged, blade in hand. X lunged, the blade piercing the creature's skull. With brutal efficiency, X dismembered the creature, severing its arm, leg, and finally its head.

Eren, barely able to watch, mumbled his gratitude as X untied him. "Thank you," Eren whispered. X nodded, ready to confront whatever lurked in the abyss. But a chilling noise pierced the air behind him. Turning, X faced the Hunter, a rifle aimed at his head.

To be continued...