Chapter 123

I pushed back my front door and was greeted with silence. I half wished Laurie was home but was happy I was alone with my thoughts. My mind was battling my thoughts of Harry versus Graysen. I was still so incredibly in love with Harry but Graysen was a good distraction even if he did have his girlfriend. He was also nice to look at. I sat down at the kitchen table and put my head in my chins. I started laughing when I realized I had neither Graysen nor Harry. I shook my head and got up. I wandered into the kitchen and saw a note from Laurie saying dinner was in the fridge and she was staying at Alec's. I was still full from lunch and had no interest in eating. I wandered into my bedroom, changed, and sat down on my bed.

I felt the tears and I didn't push them away. I let them fall. It had been awhile since I had cried like this. I felt like the weight of my world was slowly lifting off my shoulders when I let the tears fall. But I was still so sad. So incredibly sad. I knew this wouldn't last forever but it still sucked. My chest felt tight and it was hard to breath. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened them back up and felt a little better. I saw Harry's green eyes flash and then Graysen's brown eyes. I pushed both boys away and retreated back into my kitchen. I still didn't feel hungry so I decided to put on a movie and laid down on the couch. I felt myself drifting asleep.

I woke up to some kind ringing coming from under me. I shuffled and realized it was my phone wedged somewhere under the cushions. By the time I got to it, the phone stopped ringing. My eyes were a little fuzzy from sleep but I jumped when I saw who I had missed the call from. Before I could even comprehend that he was calling, it started ringing again. With shaking hands, I hit the green button.

"H-hello?"

"Rowan, Rowan, Rowan. How are you, love?"

He sounded drunk. I pulled the phone back and saw that it was 3:30 AM. He was most definitely drunk. I picked my words cautiously. All of me wanted to keep him on the phone as long as possible even though I detested him.

"Fine. I was asleep. How are you?"

"Fantastic, actually. I am-I am out in the glorious city calling my glorious ex-girlfriend."

I didn't know if he was being sarcastic or not. I held by breath, unsure of what to say. "Just be careful, whatever you're doing."

"Why would you care anyways? We just broke up and you already have a new boyfriend. I like his beard. Very classy."

"What are you talking about? I don't have a boyfriend."

"Sure, you do love. He's got that annoying song on the radio. You two were together today. You think I haven't seen the pictures. I am very resourceful, you know."

What the hell was Harry talking about? How did he know anything about Graysen? My heart dropped when I remembered the stupid photographers at lunch earlier. Fuck.

"Harry, Graysen is one of our clients. We do their press work. He is just a friend."

"Hmmmmm, like how Meredith and I are friends?"

No, he did not just say that.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

Harry didn't say anything. I felt my cheeks flush at his comment.

"Why are even calling me, Harry? You and I have nothing to say to each other. I cannot stand you."

"But you still love me, don't you?"

"Harry...stop. This isn't fair."

"Of course you don't. You have your new bearded boyfriend."

"Please, stop. I told you that we are friends and he has a girlfriend."

"So, if he didn't then you would consider him a boyfriend?"

"Harry, stop. Seriously, why did you call me?"

"Just wanted to ask about your new-"

"Do not say boyfriend."

"Fine. Love interest."

"Oh my God, you know, I am going to go now. Please don't call me again."

I hit end on the call and threw my phone back on the couch in frustration. I hadn't realized I was standing now. I turned off the TV, grabbed my phone, and went into my bedroom, praying I was able to fall back asleep but I was so worked up now. Finally, after a half hour of tossing and turning, I fell back asleep.

My alarm went off and I was cranky and tired but then I remembered I would be spending the day with Graysen. I pushed back the covers but then remembered my conversation with Harry. I pulled my covers back up and didn't feel like ever leaving again. My phone buzzed again and I hit snooze. Ok, I really needed to get up now. I halfheartedly walked into the kitchen, made coffee, and got ready. I looked outside and it was a little cloudy but nice. I decided on a pair of ivory lacy shorts and a blue, sheer long sleeved top. I figured we would be in and out and walking all day so I grabbed my strappy brown sandals. I pulled my hair into a bun and threw on my normal, minimal makeup.

I quickly grabbed a cab and was pushing back the back door of the building.

"Rowan, hey. Here," Marc said handing me a packet.

"It's all the questions and stuff the radio stations are allowed to ask. Just give these to the DJs when you go in, they know what they are. The band will be here in like an hour so you have a little down time before they get here. Today you are making sure the bands gets where they need to be and on time. So, no stopping until its break for lunch. You'll do fine."

I took the packet from Marc and watched as he walked away. I put them under my arm and walked towards my office.

"Row!"

I was cut off by Maddy standing in my doorframe, blocking me. I looked at her and waited for her to say something.

"Are you so excited for today?"

"Oh, um, yea. I didn't realize I was doing it all. Like the schedule maintainer."

"Eh, you'll be fine."

I scooted past her and sat down. "Oh, and Harry called me last night. Apparently he saw pictures of Graysen and me."

"What! Tell me everything."

"There isn't much to tell. He was wasted and kept asking me about Graysen. I finally just hung up on him."

"Wow. He is so jealous. That is hilarious."

"I guess. I don't know, I thought he and I were over."

"Yea, right! You two have like some kind of imaginary magnetic string and the harder you pull, the more you come together."

I looked at Maddy and pondered about her question but was interrupted by my office phone ringing.

"Band is here," Maddy said, popping up and running out of my office.

(What is going to happen with Graysen and Rowan today?? Comment and vote xoxo)