Chapter 121

I woke up the next feeling groggy and tired. All I wanted was to sleep for the rest of the day but work was screaming my name. I pushed the covers back and reluctantly went into the bathroom. I decided to make coffee first then tackle my hair. It was a knotty, tangled mess but eventually I got it all smoothed out and decided to just run my straighter over it. I put on mascara and some blush and called it a day. I grabbed my coffee and went back to my bedroom to figure out what I wanted to wear. I looked outside and there wasn't a cloud in the New York sky so I opted for a one piece romper with built in pants. It was striped on the top and floral print on the legs. I paired it with gold sandals and pinned a section of hair behind my ear. I slipped on a pair of old aviator sunglasses, poured my remaining coffee in a to-go mug, and pulled back my front door. Unfortunately, I was still using the white bag Harry surprised me with but it was too pretty to give up. I walked a few blocks until I grabbed a cab. The city was slowly waking up but there was still traffic getting to work. I had flashbacks when I first started my internship two summers ago and would take a cab almost every day. I missed Marsh but this was how my life was now. No fancy SUVS and bodyguards, no VIP passes, and no Harry. I wandered what he was doing or where he was but I pushed it from my mind when the cab stopped. I paid the fare and jumped out. Thankfully, the cameras were all backing off which was strange considering the video of Harry and I fighting in front of that restaurant yesterday went viral.

Or they were all hiding. I immediately heard people yelling my name as my hand was inches away from the front door. I knew I should have went around back.

"Rowan! Rowan! How are you and Harry? Are you two officially over?"

God, did they ever sleep? It was just 7 AM now and there was a crowd of photographers. The front door slammed behind me and Maddy ran over to me.

"Damn, Row. They are like vultures. How do you deal with that?"

I shrugged and put my bag down. "I don't, really. I just ignore them."

She nodded. I knew she wanted to ask me more questions but the look on my face warned her not to. Thankfully, Marc and George emerged from their offices and we all followed them into the meeting room. I took a seat next to Maddy and grabbed my notebook and pen. I looked around the table and realized that there were three new employees in addition to the 15 or so that there were already employed. I looked over at Maddy and nodded towards the new employees.

"Interns," she whispered to me.

I nodded and brought my attention back to my bosses.

"Good morning, everyone and thank you for being here so early today. Marc and I have to catch a flight to Vegas in about an hour which is why this meeting has to happen now. I know there has been buzz around the office that we are expanding onto the West coast and yes, the buzzing is true. We have one spot open in LA for someone at our office here. They will be representing the company with the LA team and our LA team advisor, Maya Hanson. Maya has her own team but we want someone with the east coast idea to make sure we are sticking to brand. Unfortunately, the LA position is only open to full time employees who have been with the company for three years or more. We will be taking applications via email and promoting within. We will then start the interview process. Once someone is chosen they will be living in LA but will be able to visit family during the holidays when business is closed. The chosen candidate will have all expenses paid for necessary living, including food, transportation and air fare. This spot is temporary but can last up to a year. Please remember all these details because once chosen, you cannot back out or you will be terminated. Oh, and the flight leaves next Monday so this decision will happen fast. We will start taking applications today and interview starting tomorrow. Any questions?"