Chapter 43

I awoke to digging noises and little animals grunting. Raising my eyebrows, I scanned the area I could see clearly... it was only dark, I lied. I squinted my eyes as if that would work, but it didn't, all it did was make it seem as if I needed glasses. I made an annoyed noise, making the digging and grunting stopping a second, then continuing when I went quiet for a minute or so. What if it was a raccoon? Wait, why is that even relevant in this book- I mean... you didn't read anything- I mean- I can't even defend that I broke the fourth wall...

I sat there for a bit, as I didn't want to get up and trip the wheelchair on something or get bitten by whatever was in the garbage. Wait, can you trip a wheelchair? I got bored fast from sitting there, sticking my tongue out in boredom. If that annoying noise continues and I have to keep sitting in this spot then I'm going to break my back and lose my mind. This is similar to being confined in a prison cell, with nothing but the walls and your boredom for company. Which that company is not enough.

I tried to think of a way to scare away the thing... which ended in a loud noise being made. And it was not from my mouth. I fell over and onto the floor after trying to make an annoying noise of creaking with the wheelchair, insta karma. I heard the thing squeal, and runoff, It looked like a fat rat. I huffed and tried to get off the disgusting floor that I had been subjected to falling on. I grabbed onto the wheelchair only for it to fall with me... life hates me.

*: ..                                                    ..:*

I wheeled through the town, seeing many of the shops closed, what was today again? Oh, right, Thanksgiving. I huff, as now I can't go to any shop to ask for a phone... wait, I was going to call a taxi but I don't have money- oh, never mind. I have one cent... that counts right? It's also not like I found it on the ground or anything.

I look around, seeing nothing but many closed buildings and people walking past in large jackets, that reminds me, which country and state am I in? I am guessing it's really cold for the people here, but this is the normal temperature for the Nemesis. I had gotten the hand of the wheelchair for the moment, being able to go at least five miles per hour. That's good enough for being slow, in my books at least.

I looked both ways before crossing the street, not many people seemed to be awake and driving, just the occasional car driving past. I have to think of a way to contact the others, they must know that I'm at least in this town, or near it. Wait, why did I never think to just wait in the hospital? I am not sure, I guess I just got the thought of getting home as soon as possible. And I am not going all the way back to the hospital, I might as well just look around, cause I am already getting bored sitting in this wheelchair and doing nothing else.

I tenderly place my hand on my fractured arm, feeling a pain from inside my forelimb. My arms feel numb and sore from pushing the wheel of this stupid chair. I pull my hand away, gingerly placing my hands back onto the wheels, and plan to continue on my journey of exploration until I'm found. Maybe then I will find out where I am.

*: ..                        Steve                            ..:*

Where the heck could this kid have gone? Wasn't Boss and Soundwave in that hospital moments before they acknowledged that she was missing? I mean I should have expected this from Daisy, she was always on the move, and it was hard to keep her still until we gave her something that acquired her to stay in one spot. Then she'd get bored and leave. So I am not that surprised she left the place where she could have been nursed back to health.

But Idaho is not a familiar place, so trying to find this kid through all these buildings and homes will be more difficult. I know her, she isn't slow in going anywhere, she is most likely already across the whole state at this point. That was an exaggeration. But she was always a speedy one in my opinion, maybe because she always snuck around while I wasn't looking.

I took a shifty left, almost cursing at myself for almost crashing into a car. I watched a human in a car take their phone out and take a picture of the back of my alt. What for? I also got the middle finger, which Daisy had informed me was the same as saying "frag you!". My engine gave a grumble back as I raced around a little over the speed limit, not wanting human officers on my tail again. They were annoying and wouldn't leave me alone. Okay, yes I was chasing an Autobot human, but that was because I was told to.

I sighed and continued to search through the somewhat traffic-filled street, some humans jogging past with dogs and whatnot. Most shops were empty, unlike the busy filled parking lot like usual, If I find Daisy I'm going to make her explain what this means.

920 words