I can't fight this feeling anymore

(A/N: I know that these songs were not around in the 1960s, but I just like these songs and wanted to use them. Enjoy!)

Songs mentioned:
Problem by: Ariana Grande
Can't fight this feeling anymore by: REO Speedwagon

Ponyboy's POV

When I reached the door to my house I took a deep breath in and knocked on the door. Sweat trickled down my face as the door opened.

Two-bit gasped and yelled. "GUYS IT'S PONYBOY AND JOHNNY AND SODA THEY'RE BACK SAVE THEM SOME CAKE STEVE."

Two-bit ran into the kitchen and Darry stood at the doorway. He stared at me and opened his mouth as if he were about to say something. He leaned in and hugged me. "I'm so sorry Ponyboy."

The Curtis brothers stood there hugging and crying. Then, everyone was so tired that they fell asleep right there in the living room.

----One Month Later----

Kirstie's POV

This is the one moment Pentatonix had spent months preparing for and I was a nervous wreck. I spent an hour in my closet until I settled on this aqua blue dress and spent double in the bathroom. Today was our prom, and we were performing.

This wouldn't be like the talent show. That was only teachers and a few theater nerds, everyone went to prom. I felt dizzy when I thought about the crowd and the prom posters with our faces on them.

Mitch's POV

Scott and I sat in my room kissing. I pulled away and sighed. "Scott I have to tell you something."

Scott put his arm around me and I relaxed. "What?"

I sighed. "I transferred schools because of a guy named Dan. He was my boyfriend and he abused me. He told me that if I told anyone he would make it worse. After I told my mom, he was suspended and he kept his promise."

Scott hugged me tighter. "I would never do that to you."

I smiled and kissed him again. "We have a prom to sing at!"

Avi's POV

Kevin and I stood backstage of the temporary stage the prom was using. We were all in a circle, praying for the performance. When we walked onstage, everyone grew quiet and looked at us expectantly.

I counted. "1,2,3,4."

We performed our first song, Problem by Ariana Grande (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9b2HiW_L8) and the crowd danced and smiled at us. We sang most of the songs we had ever rehearsed and it felt amazing when everyone loved us and danced for the music we created. All of us were happier than we had ever been before and for once it didn't matter that there were greasers, socs, or any labels. It was just us and the music. No one wanted to take a break, but we were required to so we headed to the dance floor.

Suddenly the recorded music stopped. Looking up to the stage, we saw Dally behind the microphone. "Hi guys, um there's a girl I'm trying to impress. She likes to uh sing and stuff. She's amazing. And her uh name is Kirstie." The crowd cheered as Kirstie blushed. "So this one's for you."

The music for I can't fight this feeling came on (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DKftsVNQPRQ) and the crowd started slow dancing.

Dally: I can't fight this feeling any longer. And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow.

Kirstie started walking up the steps to the stage and began singing.

Kirstie: What started out as friendship has grown stronger. I only wish I had the strength to let it show.

Cherry and Kevin, Scott and Mitch, and pretty much everyone else slow danced and I felt lonely. A tap on my shoulder made me turn around to see the most beautiful girl in the world. It was like no one else was there except for the two of us.

Dally: And even as I wander
Kirstie: I'm keeping you in sight
Dally and Kirstie: You're a candle on the window on a cold dark winter's night.
Dally: And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.

The girl and I slow danced without losing eye contact.

Dally: And I can't fight this feeling anymore
Kirstie: I've forgotten what I've started fighting for
Dally: It's time to bring this ship into the shore. And throw away the oars. Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

Kevin and Cherry kissed on that line. He looked so happy to be with his girl and I smiled. The girl I was dancing with giggled and it sounded exactly like the music.

Dally: My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you. I've been running round in circles in my mind. And it always seems that I'm following you, girl. Cause you take me to the places that alone I'd never find.
Kirstie: And even as I wander I'm keeping you in sight. You're a candle in the window on a cold dark winter's night. And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.

I barely paid attention the chorus and the girl leaned in the kiss me, this was officially the most perfect night in my life. I looked back up to the stage to see that Kirstie was now standing next to Dally on the stage.

Kirstie: If I have to crawl upon your floor.
Dally: Come crashing through your door.
Dally and Kirstie: Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

The crowd of people clapped and cheered as Dally took the mic. "So Kirstie I was wondering..."

"Just be quiet and kiss me."