𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝘀

[TW: DV, ABUSE, TORTURE]

Please don't think that I intend to write anything offensive. It is a part of the story and a part of Lilith's character development. If you may be triggered, I advise you scroll into the next chapter.

"Well, I was born into the Noble House of Black. My brother, Sirius, was disowned as he was a rebel and publicly went against everything our family believes in. He ran away during his fifth year. Our house was... violent, you could say." He started.

Abusive. Lilith knew what he meant.

"Sirius often finds a way to avoid being home, and as a result, I was the one being punished instead. Right before he ran away, he was almost dying. I helped him get away, and my parents found out. They... tortured me in his place. By the time we went back to Hogwarts, Sirius completely ignored me. He publicly told everyone how much he despised his family including me." He had to take a deep breath after that,

"All of his responsibilities was then handed to me, added to the ones I had already. I was forced to take the Dark Mark at sixteen. Along with Evan, and another one of our best friend. We were given our first mission. It was to kill a muggle by the end of the year. I.. I started to see how violent his ways were. And I looked for an escape. My house elf, was personally requested by Voldemort himself to do something." Regulus had to look at his hands when he mentioned his house elf.

"When they got back, Kreacher-- my house elf, was different. He was pale, terrified of everything, and I forced him to tell me what happened. Voldemort had brought him to a cave, forced him to drink poison to put his horcrux away. I despised him after I found out what he did to Kreacher. Before I could complete my mission, I went to the cave to destroy it myself. I didn't tell anyone in fear they would be tortured for information. I got to the cave and..." He was shaking by the end of his sentence. Lilith quickly rushed to his side and grabbed his hand, rubbing the back of it with her thumbs.

"You don't have to continue if you don't want to." She said kindly, "I want to."

"I drank the poison and got the horcrux.. But the after effects of the poison made me so thirsty. I reached to the lake to drink some water. And that's when it happened. Hands were grabbing me and pulling me down to the lake. I called for Kreacher and told him to put a replica and destroy the real one. And I drowned." He closed his eyes at the memory. It felt like it had just happened, which to him, maybe.

"I've never hurt anyone physically before I died. I tried to do good. I really did. But I've hurt some people with my words.. I tried to make it up." He then felt a memory flash, he chose the EZ Death train.

"You're a good person, Regulus." Lilith told him softly. "You've made some bad choices, but in the end you chose the right one. You're still a good person." She assured him, and he quickly wiped a tear that slid down his face. "Thank you." He breathed out.

Evan was now looking at his best mate with teary eyes, "I never knew." He choked out. "I thought Voldemort killed you, I thought-"

He closed his eyes and willed his tears away, "After what happened to you, no one could find you. We thought you were dead. That was my last straw. My mission was to kill Alastor Moody. I had the chance, but instead I blasted a curse at him. Took an eye out. Dolohov found out. He killed me for it." He told his story.

Lilith only then realized how serious of a threat Voldemort was to witches and wizards. To her, he was nothing more than an ant. A little pest.

"He still has his horcruxes, then." Regulus took a deep, shaky breath. "I thought the locket was the only one. If he had made another before, we can't know for sure how many he made."