𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘁?

"We lost twenty satyrs against some giants at Fort Washington," he said, his voice trembling.

"Almost half my kinsmen. River spirits drowned the giants in the end, but . . ."

Thalia shouldered her bow. "Percy, Kronos's forces are still gathering at every bridge and tunnel. And Kronos isn't the only Titan. One of my Hunters spotted a huge man in golden armor mustering an army on the Jersey shore. I'm not sure who he is, but he radiates power like only a Titan or god."

Percy remembered the golden Titan from his dream—the one on Mount Othrys who erupted into flames.

"Great," He said. "Any good news?" Thalia shrugged. "We've sealed off the subway tunnels into Manhattan. My best trappers took care of it. Also, it seems like the enemy is waiting for tonight to attack. I think Luke"—she caught herself—"I mean Kronos needs time to regenerate after each fight. He's still not comfortable with his new form. It's taking a lot of his power to slow time around the city."

Grover nodded. "Most of his forces are more powerful at night, too. But they'll be back after sundown."

He tried to think clearly. "Okay. Any word from the gods?"

Thalia shook her head. "I know Lady Artemis would be here if she could. Athena, too. But Zeus has ordered them to stay at his side. Where is Lilith?" She frowned when she didn't see her cousin anywhere.

They stayed quiet. "Percy, where is Lilith?" Her voice grew in alarm.

"We had an argument." Percy looked down.

"What? In a time like this?!" Thalia screeched.

"She killed those demigods, Thalia! The ones with Kronos! They were kids, just like us!" Percy protested.

"This is a war, Jackson. It's kill, or be killed." She hissed, before closing her eyes and backing away. "What did you do?"

Percy stayed quiet. "He quite literally shoved her and yelled at her in front of everyone. He blamed her for Annabeth getting hurt. Personally, Percy, I think it was your fault. Michael Yew saw the whole thing. If Lilith hadn't killed them, they would've been attacking us by now. You were on the clear. You should've looked out for Annabeth. Lilith cleared out the path for us. She made Kronos retreat. She's in the right, here." Grover shook his head in disappointment.

Thalia glared at him, "I swear on Olympus, Jackson. If a single strand of hair on her head is so much as moved. You're dead. I'm sure Hades wouldn't mind bringing you back to let us take turns torturing you." She spat at him. "What were you thinking?! If she thinks her efforts are unappreciated, she might go over to Kronos' side! If she does, We'll be dead the second she lays her eyes on us!"

Thalia stormed off, leaving the Son of Poseidon to drown in guilt.

--

They could see the white flag from half a mile away. It was as big as a soccer field, carried by a thirty-foot-tall giant with bright blue skin and icy gray hair

.

"A Hyperborean," Thalia said. "The giants of the north. It's a bad sign that they sided with Kronos. They're usually peaceful."

"You've met them?" Percy said.

"Mmm. There's a big colony in Alberta. You do not want to get into a snowball fight with thoseguys."

As the giant got closer, he could see three human-size envoys with him: a half-blood in armor, anempousa demon with a black dress and flaming hair, and a tall man in a tuxedo. The empousa held the tux dude's arm, so they looked like a couple on their way to a Broadway show or something— except for her flaming hair and fangs.