𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲, 𝘄𝗮𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿

THE GODS ARRIVED A FEW MINUTES later in their full war regalia, thundering into the throne room and expecting a battle. They were met with two crying girls, a satyr, and a boy.

There was nothing left of Luke's body. Lilith had sent him straight to Elysium where a certain blonde would be waiting for him.

The gods set about repairing the throne room, which went surprisingly fast with twelve superpowerful beings at work. Grover and Percy cared for the wounded, and once the sky bridge reformed, they greeted their friends. The Cyclopes had saved Thalia from the fallen statue. She was on crutches, but otherwise she was okay. 

Connor and Travis Stoll had made it through with only minor injuries. They promised they hadn't even looted the city much. Katie Gardner reported that she'd seen Rachel Elizabeth Dare run out of the Empire State Building at the end of the battle. Rachel had looked unharmed, but nobody knew where she'd gone.

Nico di Angelo came into Olympus to a hero's welcome, his father right behind him, despite the fact that Hades was only supposed to visit Olympus on winter solstice. Both immediately went straight to Lilith who was standing quietly against a pillar. The god of the dead looked stunned when his relatives clapped him on the back. 

Lilith pretty much ignored everything else that happened until the council started. Her mind was still replaying the gruesome murders she had done. She felt so guilty.

"As for my brothers," Zeus said, "we are thankful"—he cleared his throat like the words were hard to get out—"erm, thankful for the aid of Hades."

The lord of the dead nodded. He had a smug look on his face, Lilith smiled lightly as she beamed at the recognition her father received. He pressed a kiss on her forehead and patted Nico on the shoulders, and Nico looked happier than ever.

"And, of course," Zeus continued, though he looked like his pants were smoldering, "we must . . . um . . . thank Poseidon."

"I'm sorry, brother," Poseidon said. "What was that?"

"We must thank Poseidon," Zeus growled. "Without whom . . . it would've been difficult—"

"Difficult?" Poseidon asked innocently.

"Impossible," Zeus said. "Impossible to defeat the army of Kronos."

The gods murmured agreement and pounded their weapons in approval.

"Which leaves us," Zeus said, "only the matter of thanking our young demigod heroes, who defended Olympus so well—even if there are a few dents in my throne."

He called Thalia forward first, since she was his daughter, and promised her help in filling the Hunters' ranks. Artemis smiled. "You have done well, my lieutenant. You have made me proud, and all those Hunters who perished in my service will never be forgotten. They will achieve Elysium, I am sure."

She glared pointedly at Hades.

He shrugged. "Probably."

Artemis glared at him some more. He didn't particularly care, but when Lilith had turned to glare at him as well, he folded.

"Okay," Hades grumbled. "I'll streamline their application process."

Thalia beamed with pride. "Thank you, my lady." She bowed to the gods, even Hades, and then limped over to stand by Artemis's side.

"Tyson, son of Poseidon!" Zeus called. Tyson looked nervous, but he went to stand in the middle of the Council, and Zeus grunted.

"Doesn't miss many meals, does he?" Zeus muttered. "Tyson, for your bravery in the war, and for leading the Cyclopes, you are appointed a general in the armies of Olympus. You shall henceforth lead your brethren into war whenever required by the gods. And you shall have a new . . . um . . . what kind of weapon would you like? A sword? An axe?"