𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝗯𝗮𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝘀

THE BEAUTIFUL ISLAND LILITH HAD created was peaceful. There were loud chatters of demigods, her dragon- Midnight, was roaring playfully, Mrs. O'Leary was playing carelessly with the other hellhounds.

"You're back." A soft familiar voice greeted her.

Lilith turned to meet the beautiful woman she called Leia.

"I had to talk to you before I go." Lilith smiled sheepishly. "Am I doing the right thing?" asked Lilith.

Leia smiled softly at the girl. "I can not answer that for you. But you must believe in your own choice."

Lilith nodded in understanding, "Do you think I can do this?"

"Remember what I told you?" The woman smiled playfully,

"I can do anything if I put my mind to it."

The woman nodded. "Okay." Lilith let out a deep breath, "I can do this." She nodded to herself.

"Hopefully I'll see you again." She grinned weakly at the woman, "If I make it out alive."

"I don't doubt you will." The woman laughed.

Lilith then turned to open a portal in her own world,

"Oh, and Lilith?" Lilith glanced back at the woman questioningly.

"Remember where you are strong. You might not be skilled enough to beat him, but you know how powerful you are." 

It was the last thing she heard before she stepped into the portal to face the Bane of the Gods.

---

Harry felt angry with himself, guilty about his secret desire to hear his parents' voices again.

"You're expecting too much of yourself," said Professor Lupin sternly in their fourth week of practice. "For a thirteen-year-old wizard, even an indistinct Patronus is a huge achievement. You aren't passing out anymore, are you?"

"I thought a Patronus would — charge the dementors down or something," said Harry dispiritedly. "Make them disappear —"

"The true Patronus does do that," said Lupin. "But you've achieved a great deal in a very short space of time. If the dementors put in an appearance at your next Quidditch match, you will be able to keep them at bay long enough to get back to the ground."

"You said it's harder if there are loads of them," said Harry. "Lilith's done it before! Hermione said she made this huge dragon during my fall!" 

"Lilith..." Lupin trailed off hesitantly, still hung up on his last conversation with the girl. "She's a powerful witch, Harry. I've also noticed that she's quite a happy girl. It would be easier for people like her."

"People like her?" Harry's face grew in confusion.

"Happy people." Lupin specified. "Her memory must have been really happy if she could conjure a corporeal Patronus."

"But hers- it was different, wasn't it?" asked Harry. "Hermione said it was a quarter the size of the Quidditch Pitch. Has anyone done that before?"

"No." Lupin admitted, shaking his head. "I've never seen such powerful display of a Patronus. She drove away hundreds of dementors that day."

"How-?"

"I don't know, Harry." said Lupin hastily, "I've asked Professor Dumbledore about it, and he says he's quite unsure of her magic as well."

"Y-you've heard about her incident?" Harry gulped.

"Yes." he nodded, "No one's had such powerful accidental magic before."