Chapter 17: Awkward dinner

3rd POV

By the time dinner had rolled around, Vivian couldn't help but sweat nervously. With the sudden visit from Riven, All four of them sat down to eat. There was complete silence between them. The three beastmen just stared at each other and didn't say a word.

Riven, who was sitting near Vivian, made her even more uncomfortable by staring at her while she ate. His green eyes were more interested in watching her than eating his own meal.

" Eat your food," Vivian said. She slightly pushed Riven's meal closer to him.

"Hmm?" Riven pondered.

He turned his head and looked at the food on his plate. He saw some pork, bread, and chicken. Even if the meat looked delicious and smelled delicious, Riven didn't want to eat. He could sense Vivian's two feline mates radiating their strong beastly aura towards him.

Riven knew that they were secretly testing him. Which he humbly accepts to prove to them that he is worthy of Vivian.

Now that he's with his female, he will make sure she never leaves him again. His selfish thoughts, thinking to mate with her or bind her in some way.

It would lose his mind if she ever leaves again. She had to love him, just like how he loves her...

Koyou and Salem watched as Riven stared at their mate. Salem didn't know anything about Riven. But Koyou, sitting next to him, had figured out who the raven orc was.

Koyou, staring at the raven beastmen named Riven, felt slight envy. Koyou remembered when he had first met his wife she would always call out his name at night. Even after he was mated to her, Koyou knew that Vivian still loved Riven. He can see that deep within her heart, Riven held a piece of her heart. 

In the past, he tried making her forget about Riven many times. But no matter how hard he tried it would fail. He would see a hint of loneliness in her eyes.

Koyou admits he is jealous that there is another male. It was common for females to get as many males as they wanted. Koyou loved her a lot and from his senses knew from the start that Riven would eventually come. He didn't have to fear her love fading. Vivian loved them all and treated them equally.

Even if their spousal marks were in different areas of Vivian's body. It didn't matter at all as to them where it ended up.

Koyou let out a sigh and a faint smile.

Sitting at the table he liked teasing Riven. It was amusing to see Riven looking tense with his serious gaze fixed on them. Both Salem and Koyou were secretly using their beastly aura to mess with him.

It seemed like they had a grudge against Riven, but they didn't. They simply enjoyed playing tricks on him. It was their own way of welcoming him into the family.

For Salem, even though he doesn't know much about Riven and his wife's past, he quickly realizes that Vivian likes Riven. He understood it completely when Koyou gave him a knowing look, and he also approved. Seeing the raven beastmen not to be a threat and more of a potential suitor for their mate.

(TIME PASSED)

After dinner, Vivian hurried to her bedroom. Before that, she had talked to Koyou and Salem about the situation. She shared all the details, even about Riven, in an attempt to make them see he's not that bad. She wished for Salem and Koyou to get along with him.

Their reaction was not what she had imagined. They just smirked and kissed her on the cheeks. She didn't understand their words about "reuniting tomorrow" or what that meant.

As Vivian opened the door to her bedroom she felt large hands on both sides of her waist. She turned, thinking that it might be Salem or Koyou behind.

But it wasn't them, it was Riven.

When her eyes stared into his eyes she saw a familiar feeling inside him. Riven's green eyes that deeply stared at her, were nothing but pure lust. It immediately made Vivian think of the time when they used to live in the cabin. Their make-out session at noon was when she saw his aroused side, but looking at his eyes now, it was more than lust.

Vivian's skin shivered, seeing him like a lustful beasts slowly creeping up to its prey. She felt his hands soon slithering down as it caressed her body. She moaned telling him to stop, shooing him away but failed.

Riven, locked inside Vivian's body, filled her with fear. The thought of her moving might only make his eyes tinge darker. It seemed as though Riven was focused to engulf her with his gaze, never once averting his eyes from her.